This post was sponsored by Nature Made as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I wouldn’t consider myself vain (well, not any more than most women) but I definitely want to look my best. I try to take care myself and it gets even more important the older I get. Not that I’m old because we all know that 29 isn’t really that old, right? (wink, wink) However, I definitely think more about my health now than I did when I was younger, when all I thought about was which pair of cute shoes I should buy.
While it’s important to exercise and eat right to stay healthy, let’s face it…we all want to look our best! For me, that means taking care of my hair, skin and nails on a regular basis. One more thing to think about…just what a busy mom needs! The good thing is that Nature Made makes it easy!
If you read my blog regularly, you’ll know that I’m a big fan of Nature Made and use their products regularly. I even give my girls their multivitamins to supplement their diet. I trust them because I know they use quality ingredients, plus they’re the #1 pharmacist recommended brand.
Now I’ve discovered Nature Made Hair, Skin & Nails VitaMelts, which are full of biotin and vitamin C. Biotin helps support healthy hair, skin and nails while the vitamin C helps by supporting collagen synthesis†. You get 5 key nutrients including copper, zinc and beta carotene. I found mine at Walmart but they are readily available at many other stores.
I also love that the tablets are small, dissolve quickly in your mouth and come in Strawberry Lemonade flavor. The fact that they’re so easy to take in the morning is definitely a bonus!
Another bonus? Now though April 9th, Nature Made Vitamins has partnered with Women’s and Men’s health to host a fun Facebook promotion. You can win prizes and be motivated to stay healthy at the same time. Just go to the Nature Made Facebook Page and find the sweepstakes posts for that weekly entry period. Complete the call-to-action by commenting on the post and you’ll be entered to win the featured prize. They’re giving away some pretty great prizes, including gift cards to Sephora, Blue Apron and Lululemon.
If you think those are great prizes, wait until you hear what else they’re giving away! Need some R&R? You can enter Nature Made’s sweepstakes for an awesome 4 day spa vacation! Just visit http://www.naturemade.com/oneup and submit the registration form. Wow…a spa vacation sounds pretty good to me!
More tips for supporting healthier hair, skin and nails
Skin Care Tips
- Take your make-up off before going to bed – It can clog your skin and cause breakouts
- Drink lots of water – Dehydration takes a toll on your skin is visibly noticeable.
- Always wear sunscreen – Have you seen “There’s Something About Mary”? ‘Nuff said!
Hair Care Tips
- Don’t wash your hair every day – Too much washing strips away your hair’s natural oils
- Don’t overuse hair dryers and styling appliances – They can damage and dry out your hair, causing breakage
- Use a comb, not a brush, for wet hair – Wet hair is weaker and a comb is more gentle than a brush
Nail Care Tips
- Don’t cut your cuticles – This breaks a seal of protection around the base of your nail that keeps bacteria out and protects from infection.
- Don’t use fast dry nail polish – It has stronger chemicals and more alcohol than regular polish, making it harsher on the nails.
- Moisturize – You moisturize your face, right? Your nails need it too and you can even use something as simple as olive oil.
If you follow these tips and remember to take Nature Made’s VitaMelts to support healthy hair, skin and nails, you’ll feel good knowing that you’re doing all you can to take care of yourself.
Learn more by visiting the Nature Made site.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.