This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FrozenRewards #CollectiveBias
I started menu planning for the first time last summer and absolutely loved it! It’s a great feeling when 5pm rolls around and you actually know what you’re going to make for dinner. It’s not much fun conducting a last minute search through the pantry trying to find enough ingredients to throw something together (that’s usually when I just grab the frozen pizza). Another benefit is that when I’m menu planning, I can shop just once at the beginning of the week and I’m done. Otherwise, I end up at the store 3-4 times a week which is not only inconvenient (especially if I have to bring the kids along) but ends up being more costly as well!
Menu planning was going great for me but there was one week when I just got too busy and never got around to it. Then I skipped it again the following week and again the week after that. Next thing I know, months have gone by I’m back to making those last minute dinners and mid-week trips to the store. That’s why I’m so determined to start menu planning again!
Since my life is so busy right now and I don’t have time to cook a big dinner every night, I was really excited to discover these awesome ConAgra frozen dinners at Publix! Not only are they delicious, but they’re super quick and easy to prepare, leaving you more time to relax with your family! You can choose from brands you already love such as Bertolli, P.F. Changs, Healthy Choice and Marie Callender’s. My favorites are the Bertolli Chicken Marsala with Roasted Redskin Potatoes and the PF Changs Sweet & Sour Chicken. The PF Changs dinners also have me feeling a little nostalgic. That’s where my hubby took me on our first date and this week we’ll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary! Now that I think of it, we’ll be going out to dinner and I’ll be off the hook for cooking that night…YAY!
Not only do these dinners make your life easier, if you purchase $30 worth of these products through April 30th, you’ll receive a $10 Publix gift card. That’s 1/3 of your money back! You can spend up to $150 to receive $50 back through the Frozen Rewards Club! All you have to do is register online at the Frozen Rewards Club and upload a picture of your receipt…so easy! I’ve already done it and my gift card is on the way!
While I was shopping, I also picked up one of these single serving meals. This looked delish and would be perfect for when my hubby works late and the girls are begging for hot dogs. I’m not much of a hot dog girl but Chicken Portabella Ravioli is right up my alley! Pair it with a glass of wine and you can’t possibly go wrong!
I’m so happy to be menu planning again and I hope you’ll join me. I’ve even created a free printable to make it even easier!
If you’ve never made a menu plan before, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- First you’ll want to take inventory of what you already have. If you have frozen chicken that’s been in the freezer awhile or produce in the fridge that’s close to going to that big veggie garden in the sky, plan to create a dinner based around those items. Don’t forget to check out the pantry to see what else you can incorporate.
- Save money by keeping a list of what’s in season and working those foods into your meals.
- Plan your dinners for each night (feel free to use my printable). One mistake that I made in the beginning was to find elaborate meals from Pinterest and plan one for every night. Not only was that expensive, it was also very time consuming. Cook maybe one “fancy” dinner per week and fill out the rest of the week with meals that are a little easier. Incorporate these Conagra dinners or plan theme nights such as Mexican night, pasta night, soup night or even “breakfast for dinner” night. By planning meals that don’t require a lot of work, you’re much more likely to stick to your plan.
- Make your grocery list. Keep a notepad or whiteboard in your kitchen so that you can write things down as you think of them. Then look through the meals you’ve planned and list all the ingredients you’ll need to prepare them.
- Now you’re ready to cook! Trust me, it’s such a great feeling when you’ve got it all planned out ahead of time! You won’t be stressing about dinner, plus you’ve already got everything you need at your fingertips!
- Sit back, relax and enjoy that extra time with your family!
I was dying to try the Chicken Marsala & Roasted Redskin Potatoes so that was first on my list, taking all of 10 minutes to cook from start to finish. It turned out amazing and everyone in my family loved it (and trust me, my girls aren’t shy about telling me when they don’t like something)! When they started asking for more, I knew I had a hit on my hands!
My plan is to always keep some of these ConAgra meals stashed away in my freezer! Even if you’re not menu planning, they’re so convenient to have on hand when you need something last minute. Don’t forget to sign up for the Frozen Rewards Club so you can stock up and save some money in the process!
Do you enjoy menu planning? Which of these dinners do you think your family would most like to see on the list?