In the mood for a little chocolate? These chocolate mug brownies with salted caramel will satisfy any sweet tooth.
I think subscription boxes are so much fun, don’t you? You never know what you’re going to get and it’s kind of like Christmas when you see that box on your doorstep. I recently got my first Degustabox and was excited because I knew it would be filled with yummy goodies.
There were so many great things to try but the thing I was most excited about were the Wilton Salted Caramel Melts. I’m a little obsessed with Wilton Candy Melts but I’d never tried the caramel. Lucky for me, the Degustabox also came with recipes…how could I NOT make a batch of yummy Chocolate Mug Brownies?!
The brownie tasted perfect and was even better once the ice cream started melting a little. The caramel hardens once you drizzled it over the ice cream, adding a little extra crunch! My sweet tooth was most definitely satisfied! (Scroll down for the full recipe)
Want to see what else came in my Degustabox?
There were so many great things to try and the only one I was a little weary of were the chips. Normally I love chips but when I found out the main ingredient was cricket flour, I chose to pass. Until I get on The Amazing Race someday, I’m not eating anything like that. However, my “I’ll try anything” husband thought they were pretty good and ate all three bags! I think I’ll stick to the brownies!
Get The Recipe:
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Wilton Salted Caramel Candy Melts
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray oven-safe mugs with vegetable pan spray adn place in 9x9in square pan
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, milk, egg and vanilla
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and stir until just combined
- Divide evenly between four regular sized mugs or two large mugs
- Bake 32-34 minutes, until toothpick in center comes out nearly clean.
- Cool mugs for about 15-20 minutes or until mugs are cool enough to touch
- Top with ice cream, Wilton Salted Caramel Melts, nuts and a few more chocolate chips (optional)