Anybody that knows me knows that I’m a complete chocoholic! Seriously, is there anything better?! Give me a good chocolate dessert and I’m in heaven! The thing is, I’m not much of a baker. Sure, I might bake cookies now and then but who has time to make an entire dessert from scratch? That’s why I absolutely love this new speed scratch cooking trend! You’ll look like you’ve spent all day baking when you’ve actually been relaxing by the pool with your favorite beverage. However, you don’t need to tell anyone that…just let your friends and family be impressed by your fabulous baking skills!
When you cook using the speed scratch method, you take an item that is pre-made and combine it with other ingredients, essentially saving yourself from having to make it completely from scratch. I decided to try this using NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Cookie Bar Dough. Honestly, the dough alone is so delicious that I could just eat it right out of the package. However, that wouldn’t make for a very exciting post so I tried something new and came up with this Easiest Ever S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie.
If you’re anything like me, you love recipes with a short ingredient list and it can’t get much shorter than this. You only need four (seriously, just four) ingredients for this pie: Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, Nestle Dark Chocolate Morsels, marshmallows and graham cracker crust (just for fun I made mine from scratch but you can make it even easier by buying premade crust).
Here’s how simple it is. Place the cookie dough in the crust….
…and bake for 40-50 minutes at 350 (until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean). Top with the marshmallows, place back in the oven for about 10 minutes (watch closely) and finally, drizzle melted chocolate over the top. Voila…your dessert is done!
I have one daughter that doesn’t like sweets (I have NO idea how that happened) but this dessert was a huge hit with the rest of the family!
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- Nestle Dark Chocolate Morsels - ½ cup
- Marshmallows - ½ bag
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place cookie dough in the pie crust
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (it is ready when you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean)
- Place marshmallows on top and cook for approximately 10 more minutes, watching closely to be sure they don't burn
- While marshmallows are cooking, melt chocolate morsels in microwave, stirring frequently
- When marshmallows are a toasty brown, remove from oven and immediately drizzle chocolate over the top