I love everything about the holidays…the fun, the décor and especially the holiday dinners with family. I’m so excited to be hosting this year and can’t wait to start planning out my menu, especially the appetizers. I’ve always found that they are the most fun to make and honestly, if you just gave me a plate full of appetizers and a glass of wine, I’d be set for the night!
One appetizer that I definitely plan to make for my family this year are these super easy Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls! Super easy is right up my ally and these only have 4 ingredients…doesn’t get much easier than that! I found this recipe on the Pillsbury recipe page and can’t wait to check out some of the others as well. You’ll find all kinds of great holiday recipes as well as quick & easy everyday meals.Spicy Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls for your holiday gathering & enter to win a PayPal gift card Click To Tweet
The first thing that you’ll need are some Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls. Now is the time to buy them because both Winn-Dixie and BI-LO are offering great coupons through the 24th. You’ll also want to pick up some spicy sausage, shredded cheddar and rosemary (you’ll need dried rosemary for the recipe).
Heat your oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with foil, spraying lightly with cooking spray. Then take one pound of spicy sausage, two cups of shredded sharp cheddar and 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary leaves and mix together in a large bowl. You can use a spoon but I found it easier just to use my hands.
Next, unroll your dough, coating each side with one tablespoon of flour. Cut into squares approximately 1/4 inch. Add the squares, a little bit at a time, to the sausage mixture.
Once you’ve thoroughly mixed the ingredients, make 42 sausage crescent balls, place them on your cookie sheet and cook for 15-17 minutes (until golden brown).
Voila…now your delicious sausage crescent cheese balls are ready to be served! Add some spicy mustard for dipping and if it’s a holiday dish, garnish with fresh rosemary and cranberries.
- 8 oz can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 lb. spicy sausage
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cover cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, cheese and rosemary
- Unroll crescent rolls and coat each side of dough with 1 tablespoon flour
- Using a pizza cutter, cut dough horizontally and vertically to form approximately ¼ inch squares
- Adding a little at a time, mix the dough into the sausage mixture
- Shape mixture into 42 balls
- Cook for 15-17 minutes
- Add spicy mustard for dipping and garnish with extra cheese, if desired