Trying to find something delicious yet easy treat to show someone how special they are? This Valentine’s Day Bark is perfect for friends, family, neighbors, teachers or anyone else that you think deserves a little love for Valentine’s Day.
When I decided to make this Valentine’s Day Bark, I knew I would end up breaking my New Year’s resolution. I may have been right but it was so worth it! Half the fun of Valentine’s Day is making yummy treats, right?
I had an idea of what I wanted to make but couldn’t decide whether to use white or dark chocolate. Like any good chocoholic would do, I chose both. After a quick taste test, I knew I’d made the right decision. The combinations of white and dark chocolate made this bark that much better.
One of my favorite things about making any kind of bark is that you can add just about anything you want. Since I always have plenty of goodies tucked away in my pantry, I didn’t even have to go shopping.
How To Make The Best Ever Valentine’s Day Bark
The beauty of this recipe is how easy it is. Start with a small bag of white chocolate chips and melt over the stove. I don’t recommend the microwave for white chocolate. For some reason, I’ve found that it just doesn’t melt as evenly, though I don’t have that problem with other chocolates. I just boil an inch or so of water in a saucepan and place a second bowl over the top for melting the chips.
Once the white chocolate is melted, spread it out on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place it in the refrigerator to harden, about 10-15 minutes. Next, pour a small bag of dark chocolate into a bowl and melt in the microwave. Spread the dark chocolate evenly across the hardened white chocolate, then melt the red and pink candy melts and drizzle them over the top. Finally, add candy, sprinkles or any other Valentine decor.
Finally, using a knife or just your hands, break the bark into pieces and it’s ready to eat. This delicious treat is perfect for your sweetie, friends and neighbors, teachers or anyone else that deserves a little love!
Who would you share these delicious treats with?
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- pink candy melts (approx 15 melts)
- red candy melts (approx 15 melts)
- assorted candy & sprinkles
- Mix 1 tbsp vegetable oil into the chips and melt over the stove
- Spread white chocolate onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate
- Once white chocolate has hardened, melt the dark chocolate
- Spread over the top of the white chocolate
- Melt pink and red candy melts and drizzle over the top
- Top with assorted candy and sprinkles, then refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Once bark has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy these: