Need to know what the Disney World height requirements are for your Walt Disney World vacation? If you’re hitting the park with little ones, find out what they can and can’t ride while you’re there (and bring along these free printables to help keep track).
This post has recently been updated for 2021
Planning a trip to Disney World? If so, chances are that you’ll be looking for all the best Disney tips and tricks and figuring out how to squeeze in as many attractions as possible! The good news is that if everyone in your party is over 48″ tall, you’ll pass the minimum height requirement for all four of the Walt Disney World parks.
Disney World Height Requirements
However, if you’re bringing small children along, that won’t be the case. While there are plenty of rides for children of all ages, some of the bigger rides have strict height restrictions for obvious safety reasons. However, with 49 total rides to choose from, the entire family can still have an amazing time.
That doesn’t mean that one person is stuck riding Small World all day while everyone else gets to go on the more thrilling rides. Disney has an awesome rider swap program to ensure that everyone gets a chance to ride whatever attraction they want (more on that below).
You can also jump below for the free printable lists ride requirements for all the rides but for now, let’s take a look at the requirement for each park.
Magic Kingdom Height Requirements
Beginning with the attractions that do not have height restrictions at all, these are the height minimums for the Magic Kingdom:
- It’s A Small World – no height requirement
- Astro Orbiter – no height requirement
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – no height requirement
- Dumbo – no height requirement
- Jungle Cruise – no height requirement
- Mad Tea Party – no height requirement
- Peter Pan’s Flight – no height requirement
- Pirates Of The Caribbean – no height requirement
- Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel – no height requirement
- Haunted Mansion – no height requirement
- The Magic Carpets Of Aladdin – no height requirement
- The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh – no height requirement
- Tomorrowland PeopleMover – no height requirement
- Under The Sea – Journey Of The Little Mermaid – no height requirement
- Walt Disney World Railroad – no height requirement
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 32 inches / 82 centimeters (with 54″ rider in car)
- The Barnstormer – 35 inches / 89 centimeters
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 38 inches / 97 centimeters
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- Splash Mountain – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- Space Mountain – 44 inches / 112 centimeters
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 54 inches / 137 centimeters (can drive unsupervised)
Proceed with caution: Though there are no height requirements, Pirates Of The Caribbean and Haunted Mansion may still be scary for some small children.
Hollywood Studios Height Requirements
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway – no height requirement
- Toy Story Mania – no height requirement
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 32 inches / 82 centimeters
- Slinky Dog Dash – 38 inches / 97 centimeters
- Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run – 38 inches / 97 centimeters
- Star Wars: Rise Of The Resistance – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
Proceed with caution: Star Tours and the Tower Of Terror may still be frightening for some children, even if they fulfill the height requirements.
Epcot Height Requirements
- Frozen Ever After – no height requirement
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros – no height requirement
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment – no height requirement
- Living With The Land – no height requirement
- Spaceship Earth – no height requirement
- The Seas With Nemo And Friends – no height requirement
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (OPENING OCTOBER 1, 2021) – no height requirement
- Mission Space – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- Soarin’ – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- Test Track – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
Proceed with caution: Even at 40 inches, Mission Space is pretty intense and may be scary for some children (my youngest was tall enough but screamed the entire time).
Animal Kingdom Height Requirements
- It’s Tough To Be A Bug – no height requirement
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – no height requirement
- Na’Vi River Journey – no height requirement
- TriceraTop Spin – no height requirement
- Wildlife Express Train – no height requirement
- Kali River Rapids – 38 inches / 97 centimeters
- Dinosaur – 40 inches / 102 centimeters
- Avatar Flight Of Passage – 44 inches / 113 centimeters
- Expedition Everest – 44 inches / 113 centimeters
Proceed with caution: It’s Tough To Be A Bug and Dinosaur may be scary for some children.
**Remember to scroll down for the free printables. You’ll want to take these cheat sheets to the parks with you!
What Is Rider Swap (a.k.a. Rider Switch)
One of the best things about Disney is that they understand that many people will have little kids in tow but they still want to ride the coasters and other attractions. The Rider Switch Pass, also known as rider swap or child swap, is a great option.
While one adult waits with the child, the other adult goes through the standby line to board the ride. Then with that person comes back, the waiting adult can then ride the attraction without having to wait in a long line. You can get full instructions as to how this works on the Disney website, along with a list of the rides that offer the Rider Switch services.
Disney Water Parks Height Requirements
Hitting the water parks on your vacation? Here are the height requirements for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach:
- Castaway Creek – no height requirement
- Gangplank Falls – no height requirement
- Keelhaul Falls – no height requirement
- Mayday Falls – no height requirement
- Miss Adventure Falls – no height requirement
- Storm Slides – no height requirement
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
- Humunga Kowabunga – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
- Ketchakiddee Creek – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
- Bay Slides – 60 inches / 152 centimeters
- Chairlift – 32 inches / 82 centimeters
- Cross Country Creek – no height requirement
- Runoff Rapids – no height requirement
- Snow Stormers – no height requirement
- Teamboat Springs – no height requirement
- Toboggan Racers – no height requirement
- Downhill Double Dipper – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
- Slush Gusher – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
- Summit Plummet – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
- Tikes Peak – 48 inches / 122 centimeters
Disney Height Requirements Free Printables
Because you’re not going to want to keep checking your phone while you’re at the parks, I’ve made some handy printables that have the height requirements for each of the Walt Disney World theme parks.
This first printable lists the different height requirements for each park.
If you’re traveling with lots of little ones and it’s easiest just to know which rides don’t have height requirements, this printable shows the attractions that all your family members will be able to ride, regardless of age.
Finally, this last free printable is sorted into groups by inches. Under each measurement, it shows what attractions a child of that height can ride. This is a great way to see what your 38″ or 40″ child can ride at each of the parks.
So print these out and keep these handy for when you hit the parks. Above all else, enjoy your Disney adventure and have the most magical vacation ever!
More Disney Fun
Before you hit Hollywood Studios, check out this Complete Guide To Toy Story Land. Find out where to eat, what to ride and even where to take the best pictures!
If you really want to make your friends jealous, check out these 5 Toy Story Instagram Walls you won’t want to miss.
Heading to Galaxy’s Edge? Bring these fun Galaxy’s Edge Scavenger Hunts along. The kids will have a blast trying to find all the characters and vehicles throughout Batuu.
You’ll get hungry while you’re there so check out this complete guide to Galaxy’s Edge Food.
Trying to decide where to stay? Find out why everyone loves to vacation at Disney’s Contemporary Resort!