This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There’s no easier dessert than this amazing No Bake Pineapple Pie with Cool Whip. The filling is so rich and creamy with little bits of pineapple in every bite. But the best part is that this cool and refreshing dessert is made with just 5 simple ingredients and absolutely NO baking is required!
Table of Contents
Easy Pineapple Pie Recipe
Who says making a homemade pie is too much trouble? That’s not the case with this delicious no bake pie recipe! Just mix 5 ingredients, pour them into a pie crust and chill. It’s just that easy-peasy! I make a similar No Bake Cool Whip Cheesecake that always gets rave reviews and it’s super easy as well.
But the best part of this easy pie recipe is the delicious light and fruity pineapple flavor. It’s like tasting a little bit of the tropics in every single bite. Though it’s the perfect dessert for a hot summer day, it uses canned pineapple you can get anytime of the year. So, when those wintertime blues hit, just whip up this pineapple pie and it’ll take you right back to sunny and warm days.
Why We Love This Dessert
- Easy no-bake dessert recipe that uses all common ingredients and requires little prep time. You can even make this pie ahead of time and chill overnight.
- This homemade pineapple pie is a great dessert option when you want something light and fluffy instead of a heavier dessert.
- Cool and creamy no bake recipe that makes the perfect summer dessert when you need a break from the heat.
- This easy recipe is the perfect dessert for a special occasion, potluck dinners, or just when you need a quick cure for a sweet tooth.
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cup
- Mesh strainer
- Rubber spatula
- Pie plate (if making your own graham cracker crust)
What’s Needed To Make This Recipe:
- Cream cheese, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- Canned crushed pineapple
- Graham cracker pie crust
Note: We used this super easy Homemade Graham Cracker Crust recipe, made using crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar but you can always use a store-bought pie crust if you prefer.
How to Make Pineapple Pie with Cool Whip
Step 1. Drain the crushed pineapple with a mesh strainer and set it aside.
Step 2. Using a stand or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix together until smooth and creamy.
Step 3. Fold in whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
Step 4. Take two tablespoons of the crushed pineapple and set aside for garnish, then fold the remaining pineapple into the cool whip mixture.
Step 5. Stir well but just until the pineapple mixture is well blended.
Step 6. Pour pineapple pie filling into the prepared pie shell and add pineapple for garnish.
Step 7. Refrigerate pie for 4 hours and serve.
Store pie in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to several days…if it last that long!
No Bake Pineapple Pie with Cool Whip Variations
- Crust: You can use any sweet graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade), or you can bake a traditional pie crust and use that. You can even make a homemade crust using crushed Nilla Wafers instead of graham cracker crumbs.
- Toppings: For a super cute topping add pineapple slices with maraschino cherries positioned in the middle of each one. Just make sure you pat dry the pineapple rings and cherries with some paper towels before adding them, so they won’t cause the cherry and pineapple juice to leak into the top of the pie.
- Nuts: If you want to add a little crunch, chopped toasted pecans or walnuts would be awesome added to the creamy pineapple pie filling.
- Pineapple banana: Bananas and pineapple go hand in hand. Instead of folding them into the pie filling, just line the bottom of the prepared graham cracker crust with a layer of sliced bananas. Then, pour the filling on top of the bananas before chilling.
- Pineapple coconut pie: Want a more tropical pie? Add a little bit of rum extract to the pie filling. You could also add lime zest, coconut flakes and finely chopped macadamia nuts. Toasted coconut would look and taste amazing as a topping too. It’s one of the easiest ways to go on vacation without going on vacation!
Can I Use Fresh Pineapple Instead of Canned?
Canned pineapple has a slightly different texture because it’s been soaking in juice. If you want to use fresh pineapple, you may want to cut it up and add it to a food processor just until it reaches crushed consistency, then drain it the same way you do canned pineapple.
Can I Freeze this Cool Whip Pineapple Pie?
Absolutely you can! And the great thing about freezing this pie is you don’t even have to let it thaw out all the way to enjoy. It’s a makes a delicious frosty treat when it has thawed just enough to use a fork to cut through the filling.
If you want to completely thaw it, just place it in the fridge overnight.
Other Tips for Making Delicious Pineapple Pie
- To prevent little lumps in the filling always start with softened cream cheese. For best results, allow it to sit out until it reaches room temperature.
- For a really creamy consistency, use an electric mixer. You can use a whisk but mixing the cream cheese on a medium high speed incorporates air to make sure it’s fluffy and deliciously light and airy.
- If you slipped up and bought pineapple chunks, you can just add them to the food processor and give it a good blitz until they are chopped up.
- If the filling is a little runny, that usually means you didn’t drain the pineapple enough. If this happens, try adding a little lemon juice. The acid in the lemon juice reacts with the fat in the cream cheese to thicken the mixture.
Want More No Bake Recipes?
- No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites
- No Bake Chocolate Mousse
- Peanut Butter and Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
No Bake Pineapple Pie With Cool Whip
- 1 pie plate if making your own crust
- Drain the crushed pineapple with a mesh strainer and set it aside.1 can crushed pineapple
- Using a stand or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix together until smooth and creamy.8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar
- Fold in whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Take two tablespoons of the crushed pineapple and set aside for garnish, then fold the remaining pineapple into the cool whip mixture.
- Stir well but just until the pineapple is mixed evenly throughout the filling.
- Pour pineapple pie filling into pie shell and add pineapple for garnish.1 9" graham cracker crust
- Refrigerate the no bake pineapple cream pie for 4 hours to give it time to set up.
- If you have a little extra time, you can use this easy graham cracker crust recipe to make a homemade crust.
- For a super cute topping add pineapple slices with maraschino cherries positioned in the middle of each one. Just make sure you pat dry the pineapple rings and cherries with some paper towels before adding them, so they won’t cause the juice to leak into the top of the pie.