Love the Toy Story movies? Toy Story 4 comes out this summer and we’re making adorable Alien Easter Eggs to celebrate!
This post contains affiliate links
I love making holiday crafts and Easter eggs are one of my favorites! I make a ton every year and am always trying to come up with fun new ideas. This one was a totally a no brainer. We’ve been so excited since we found out Toy Story 4 was coming out this summer and my girls and I can’t wait to see it! Here’s a peek if you haven’t seen the latest trailer yet (or just want to see it again):
I never get tired of these movies and this one was a surprise to me because I always thought that Toy Story 3 was the final chapter. It seems like every Toy Story movie is better than the one before so if that holds true, I’d better bring my tissues. Is it weird that I have a crying scale? The more a movie makes me cry, the more I love it! Please tell me I’m not the only one…
Alien Easter Eggs
Since we already have Toy Story on the brain, I thought it would be fun to make some alien Easter eggs this year. They’re so easy and super cute! Plus, grown-ups will have as much fun making them as the kids. We even made them on my most recent Suncoast View appearance and everyone loved these fun little guys!
Are you ready to make some Toy Story aliens of your own?
- Mix 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 teaspoon vinegar and approximately 15 drops of green food coloring to dye eggs.
- Once eggs become "alien green", take them out of the solution and pat them dry.
- Set eggs aside and grab your green foam. Cut out three antennae and six ears. I Googled Toy Story Alien images and used the photos as a guide (or you can always just wing it).
- Now that your eggs are completely dry, take your marker and draw an alien mouth.
- Glue three wiggly eyes to each egg.
- Glue the antennae to the tops of the eggs and the ears on the sides.
- Now that you have such adorable alien Easter eggs, why not pop some popcorn and make it a Toy Story movie night!
This Amazon link for green craft foam gives you a large assortment (which is perfect if you do lots of crafts). If you don't need a whole package, you can buy green foam by the sheet at any craft store for under a dollar.
If you love making Easter eggs as much as we do, you may want to check out these ideas too!