This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars are an irresistible and easy treat that will be your new favorite pumpkin dessert! These rich and delicious bars are perfect for all your fall parties.
There are a lot of great fall pumpkin dessert recipes to choose from, including this amazing chocolate pumpkin cheesecake! These cake mix pumpkin bars may just be one of the easiest and most indulgent that I’ve tried. With a rich and buttery crust topped with a sweet and creamy pumpkin pie filling, they’re soft, gooey, and bursting with fall flavor.
Easy to make and addictively delicious, these pumpkin treats will fit in perfectly with all your fall activities. From Halloween parties to game day to Thanksgiving dinner, they’re sure to steal the show anywhere you bring them. But be warned – these bars are so delicious that you may not want to share!
So whether you’re hosting a fall party or just looking for a delicious treat to have with your coffee, this recipe is a must-try for pumpkin season.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect for Fall – It’s the season for pumpkin desserts, and these buttery and delicious bars are full of fall pumpkin and warm spice flavors.
Easy – These easy pumpkin bars start with a boxed cake mix, so they’re super quick and easy to prepare.
Great for Parties – Make this recipe for all your fall parties, potlucks, and bake sales. Not only is it a crowd pleaser, but the convenient individual serving bars are portable and easy to bring anywhere!
- Yellow cake mix
- Melted butter, divided
- Cream cheese
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 13×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, fold together cake mix, 1 egg, and ½ cup melted butter until a dough forms. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
Step 3: In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
Step 4: Add the pumpkin puree, 3 eggs, and ½ cup melted butter, then mix well to combine. Mix in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
Step 5: Pour the pumpkin mixture over the dough layer in your pan. Bake for 45 minutes. (Note: the center will still be slightly jiggly when the bars are done.)
Step 6: Allow the bars to cool completely and chill for 1 hour. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure not to overbake these. You want to make sure the center stays a bit gooey.
- You can mix some chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the pumpkin mixture for extra flavor and texture.
- To ensure that your cream cheese and pumpkin are thoroughly blended, always soften the cream cheese to room temperature before you begin, then make sure you beat the cream cheese well with the vanilla and spices prior to adding the pumpkin.
Store your leftover bars in an airtight container in the fridge. They should keep for about a week.
You can use a white cake mix in place of the yellow. Or try a spice cake for some extra fall spice flavor.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pound Cake
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait
Cake Mix Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 13×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, fold together cake mix, 1 egg, and ½ cup melted butter until a dough forms. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.15.25 ounces yellow cake mix, 4 eggs, 1 cup butter
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.8 ounces cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add the pumpkin puree, 3 eggs, and ½ cup melted butter, then mix well to combine. Mix in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.4 eggs, 1 cup butter, 15 ounces pumpkin puree, 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the dough layer in your pan. Bake for 45 minutes. (Note: the center will still be slightly jiggly when the bars are done.
- Allow the bars to cool completely and chill for 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!