This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This pumpkin pound cake is a delicious pumpkin spice version of the classic rich and delicious dessert. A moist cake that’s sweet, satisfying, and packed with fresh pumpkin flavor, it’s the perfect fall treat to satisfy your pumpkin cravings!
Pound cake is one of those desserts that just about everyone loves. It’s simple and delicious, but it doesn’t always get as much attention as flashier cakes covered in frosting.
This pumpkin pound cake recipe will change that – and it might have you wondering why you don’t make pound cakes more often. Classic pound cake is known for its rich and satisfying buttery flavor, but the addition of real pumpkin and warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves makes this version even more amazing.
Perfect for a delicious, sweet breakfast, an easy dessert, or a tasty snack, this cake is full of fall flavor and sure to become one of your new favorite pumpkin desserts.
💖Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect for the Fall Season – This treat is packed with so much pumpkin flavor and tons of delicious pumpkin pie spice. It’s the perfect cake to kick off your fall baking fun.
It’s Versatile – You can serve this treat as an easy dessert, have it as an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee, or even enjoy it as a quick and delicious breakfast.
A Fun Twist on a Classic Treat – Pound cake is popular for its delicious rich flavor and smooth buttery texture. The addition of pumpkin and spices makes this version even better than the original.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Pumpkin spice
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Canned pumpkin purée
- Butter, melted
How to Make Pumpkin Pound Cake
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Whisk together all ingredients.
Step 3: In a separate medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree and eggs. Mix with a whisk or an electric mixer on low to medium speed until well combined.
Step 4: Add the melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Continue mixing until well blended.
Step 5: Gradually add in the rest of the dry ingredients, stirring after each addition until all the flour mixture has been added.
Step 6: Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step 7: Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- When lining the pan with parchment, use enough so that it goes up over the sides of the pan. Not only will this prevent your cake from sticking, but it will allow for easier removal from the pan.
- For best results, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature and not chilled. This will give your cake the perfect texture.
- Want to add extra flavor and sweetness to this pumpkin cake recipe? You can make a simple vanilla, maple syrup glaze or a cream cheese glaze and drizzle it over the top of the cake.
- This cake can also be made in a Bundt pan instead of a loaf pan, although you may need to increase the amounts, depending on the size of your Bundt pan.
How Do I Store Pumpkin Pound Cake?
Store the cooled cake in an airtight container or wrap it in plastic wrap to help it retain moisture. You can store it at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the fridge for up to a week.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Pound Cake?
You can – wrap the cake in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and then place it in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Pumpkin Treats
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits
- No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
- Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe
- Heat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Whisk together all ingredients.1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- In a separate medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree and eggs. Mix with a whisk or an electric mixer on low to medium speed until well combined.1 cup pumpkin puree, 2 eggs
- Add the melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar, and continue mixing until well blended.2/3 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Gradually add in the rest of the dry ingredients, stirring after each addition until all the flour mixture has been added.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
- When using parchment to line the loaf pan, be sure to use enough so that it extends over the sides of the pan. This will keep your cake from sticking and also make it easier to remove the cake from the pan.
- For best results, your ingredients should be at room temperature. Doing this will give your cake the perfect texture.