This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This tasty Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait recipe is made with delicious layers of creamy pumpkin pudding cheesecake and crispy gingersnap cookies. They’re super easy to make and are the perfect no-bake dessert for Thanksgiving or any fall-themed gathering.
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait Recipe
Who says Thanksgiving desserts have to be complicated and time consuming? That’s definitely not the case with these delicious little pumpkin cheesecake parfaits.
From the sweet pumpkin pudding cheesecake layer to the perfectly spiced gingersnap crumb layer, these amazing parfaits will have everyone asking for more! What we love most is how this recipe combines the flavors of traditional pumpkin pie with the texture of cheesecake all in one dessert.
The best part is that this recipe takes only 15 minutes! Who couldn’t use a time-saving dessert recipe, especially during the busy holiday season? This No Bake Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna and these yummy No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies are two other quick and easy recipes that are great for the holidays.
💖 Why We Love This Recipe
- An easy dessert using simple ingredients you can easily find at the grocery store.
- You can serve it in cute individual dessert cups or family style in a large glass serving bowl.
- Because you can easily double this recipe, it’s perfect for entertaining a crowd.
🥄 Recommended Tools:
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Food Processor (optional)
- Parfait Cups
🛒 What’s Needed for No Bake Pumpkin Parfaits
- Pumpkin spice pudding mix
- Cream cheese (room temperature)
- Cool Whip
- Gingersnap cookies (your favorite brand)
- Whipped cream for topping
- Pumpkin pie spice, for topping
How to Make No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits
Step 1. Set aside 6 gingersnap cookies for topping. Then add remaining gingersnap cookies to your food processor and pulse to make gingersnap crumbs.
TIP: If you don’t have a food processor, add the cookies to a gallon Ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin or something similar.
Step 2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Set aside.
Step 3. In a large separate bowl, combine pumpkin spice pudding mix and milk. Whisk until pudding begins to thicken.
Step 4. Add cream cheese and Cool Whip to the bowl.
Step 5. Whisk or use an electric mixer to combine.
Step 6. Take ⅓ of the cookie crumbs and divide evenly among your parfait glasses.
Step 7. Add a layer of the pudding mixture and smooth into the cup.
Step 8. Divide another ⅓ of the crumbs to create the next layer. Add another layer of pudding mixture.
Step 9. Divide the remaining cookie crumbs among the cups and add a final layer of the pudding mixture.
Step 10. Cover the cups with foil or plastic wrap and move the parfaits to the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
Step 11. Before serving, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Finally, add a gingersnap cookie to the top of each cup of pumpkin cheesecake mixture.
Can I Make Pudding Parfaits in Advance?
You sure can. These no bake cheesecake parfaits can be made up to 3 days in advance. The longer they sit, the softer the gingersnaps will get.
If you want a crunchy cookie layer, you may want to make the cheesecake mixture and crush the cookies but wait to assemble everything until right before serving.
Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits Serving Suggestions
This recipe makes six individual servings in small cups or parfait glasses but here are some other great ways of serving it you could try:
- Shot glasses: This recipe is perfect for mini desserts when you serve them in shot glasses. This is a great idea for portion control too!
- Mason jars: Who doesn’t love mason jar desserts?! If you’re transporting the parfaits to a party or gathering, make them in mason jars so you’ll have the lid to seal them.
- Trifle dish: Taking this dessert to a potluck and don’t want to carry individual servings? You can make this recipe into a large dessert by using trifle dish.
- Martini or wine glasses: These are also fun to serve in wine or martini glasses. They make awesome desserts for sharing with your someone special.
Tips for the Best Pumpkin Parfaits
- To get a thick pudding consistency, you should use whole milk when making the pudding mixture. Skim milk will make really loose pudding.
- To make pretty little dollops on the top of the dessert cups, use a piping bag made from a Ziploc bag or pastry bag fitted with a large decorating tip.
- While the parfaits are setting up in the fridge, don’t forget to cover them tightly. This will prevent them from picking up odors from other foods you have stored in the fridge.
- Even at room temperature, cream cheese can be difficult to get super smooth. To help with that, before adding the cool whip, give it a good mix with an electric mixer until all the little clumps are gone and it’s smooth and creamy.
Pumpkin Parfait Dessert Variations and Add-ins
- Cookies: Not a gingersnap fan? This recipe also works great with graham cracker crumbs. You can top each parfait will small pieces of graham crackers too. For really sweet treats, try using crushed Pumpkin Oreos when they hit the shelves this holiday season.
- Whipped Cream: Instead of Cool Whip, you can make your own using heavy whipping cream.
- Pudding: In order to give these no bake desserts their pumpkin flavor, we use pumpkin instant pudding. If you need to, you can use vanilla pudding with a little pumpkin puree added instead.
- Toppings: If you want a fun topping the kids will love, use candy corn or festive holiday sprinkles instead of the cookie for decorations.
- Other Add-ins: Add delicious crunch to the dessert by mixing some roasted pecans or even pieces of pecan pralines into the cheesecake mixture.
Want More Pumpkin Recipes?
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
- 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait
- Set aside 6 gingersnap cookies for topping. Then add remaining gingersnap cookies to your food processor and pulse to make gingersnap crumbs.1 box ginger snap cookies
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Set aside.8 ounces cream cheese
- In a large separate bowl, combine pumpkin spice pudding mix and milk. Whisk until pudding begins to thicken.2 boxes pumpkin spice pudding mix, 2 cups milk
- Add cream cheese and Cool Whip to the bowl.8 ounces cream cheese, 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Whisk or use an electric mixer to combine.
- Take ⅓ of the cookie crumbs and divide evenly among your parfait glasses.
- Add a layer of the pudding mixture and smooth into the cup.
- Divide another ⅓ of the crumbs to create the next layer. Add another layer of pudding mixture.
- Divide the remaining cookie crumbs among the cups and add a final layer of the pudding mixture.
- Cover the cups with foil or plastic wrap and move the parfaits to the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Finally, add a gingersnap cookie to the top of each cup of pumpkin cheesecake mixture.whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice for garnish, 1 box ginger snap cookies