This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Easter Egg Fruit Pizza recipe, with a soft sugar cookie crust, sweet cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit topping makes the perfect addition to your annual Easter brunch or dinner!
Easter is always such a fun time for making crafts and baking sweet treats. From making these precious Bunny and Chick Tins, to dying super cute eggs for annual Easter egg hunts, to creating some of the most delicious Easter Desserts, it’s just an all-around great time for family, friends, food and laughter.
When it comes to sweet treats, anytime you combine sugar cookie dough with cream cheese frosting, you know you’re going to have a delicious dessert. But when you add in fresh fruit AND they are in the shape of cute little Easter eggs, you are guaranteed to have a huge Easter hit with kids and adults alike!
If you love all these same flavors, you should also try these Mini Fruit Tarts. They are super easy to make and are great for parties and summertime get-togethers.
Why We Love this Recipe:
- Fun for the kids: Dying Easter eggs is always so much fun every year. But you could start a brand-new family tradition making these fun and colorful egg shaped cookie pizzas with the whole family.
- Homemade Easter treat: Move over Chocolate bunnies and jelly beans, these homemade colorful Easter dessert pizzas will be taking center stage at your Easter table this year!
- Customizable: If you have picky eaters that prefer only certain kinds of fruit, these pizzas are a great idea for them! Let them pick and choose which fruit they want to put on their own cookie pizzas.
What’s Needed to Make Easter Egg Shape Pizzas
- Sugar cookie dough– Use your favorite sugar cookie dough. We used refrigerated prepacked dough, but you can use a cookie mix or you can use your own homemade cookie dough recipe.
- Cream cheese: Full fat cream cheese works best for this recipe. It’s thick and creamy with a slightly tart flavor that works so well with the powdered sugar to make the yummiest frosting!
- Butter– Softened butter is mixed with the cream cheese to create the rich frosting.
- Powdered sugar-Provides the perfect amount of sweetness to the frosting.
- Pure vanilla extract– Gives the creamy vanilla frosting extra flavor.
- Salt– A little pinch of salt always balances out the flavors in sweet recipes.
- Variety of fruits and berries– Fruit is what makes these fruit pizza’s fruit pizzas! You can use a colorful variety of your favorites.
- Egg shaped cookie cutter– If you don’t have an Easter Egg cookie cutter, you can also use a sharp knife and free hand them.
How to Make Adorable Easter Egg Cookie Pizzas
For the Sugar Cookie Crust
Step 1. Prepare sugar cookie dough according to package or recipe directions.
Step 2. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to about ¼ inch thick and cut out egg shaped cookies.
Step 3. Bake on a cookie sheet according to package or recipe directions.
Step 4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
Step 5. Move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Frosting
Step 1. Place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl.
Step 2. Mix with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Step 3. Add vanilla, a pinch of salt, and then add in powdered sugar gradually.
Step 4. Continue mixing after each addition until it’s smooth and creamy and the ingredients are all incorporated.
Step 5. Spread each cookie with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting.
Step 6. Chop berries and fruit into small pieces and decorate each cookie pizza with a variety of colors.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge wrapped with plastic wrap until you’re ready for them.
You want to keep the crust firm and crispy. So, if you’re planning to make these sugar cookies ahead of time, you can bake the cookies in advance, make up the frosting, and slice up the fruit. Then you can just wait to assemble the pizzas right before serving.
What Fruit Is Best for this Fruit Pizza Recipe?
You can literally use just about any of your favorite fruits with this recipe. Fresh fruit is preferred over canned fruit or fruit that contains a lot of water like watermelon. If you use canned fruit like oranges, drain them really well and pat them dry.
When decorating your pizza look for pretty color combinations to give them a really festive look. Some popular choices are sliced grapes, fresh strawberries, kiwi slices, blueberries, black berries, raspberries, and drained canned mandarin oranges.
Tips for Making the Best Fruit Pizza
- Always use room temperature ingredients when making the cream cheese mixture. This prevents you from having clumps in the frosting.
- Bake cookies until they are nice golden brown. Soft baked cookies or slightly underbaked cookies won’t hold up well with the frosting and fruit topping.
- If you have mini fruit cutters like these, you could really go all out by cutting fruit into all sort of cute and different shapes. You could make strawberry hearts, little bunnies out cantaloupe, small kiwi flowers, banana stars. The possibilities are endless!
- If your fruit has excess juice, pat it dry with paper towels before decorating cookies. You don’t want a soggy crust.
Variations for the Easter Fruit Pizza
Extra fruity twist: If you really want a fruity twist, you can add a thin layer of strawberry jam right on top of the frosted egg cookie. For best results put a little jam in a small bowl and use a fork to break it up and loosen it up before spreading it on the cookies.
Citrus flavors: If you are a huge lemon fan, you’ll love making this fruit pizza dessert into a lemony version. All you need to do is add a little lemon zest and a just a small squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the cream cheese filling. You can also mix in a lemon extract to the dough before making the sugar cookie base.
Other toppings: You can add a few festive Easter sprinkles to the top of these pizzas. Or a drizzle of honey really makes the fruit glisten. You can also make an apricot glaze by thinning out apricot jelly with a small squeeze of lemon juice, then just brush the tops of each pizza.
Want More Easter Recipes?
- Carrot Patch Easter Cupcakes
- Rice Krispie Easter Eggs
- Easter Egg Brownies
- Easy Easter Dip
- Bunny Butt Cookies
Easter Egg Fruit Pizza
This fun Easter Egg Fruit Pizza recipe makes the perfect holiday dessert! With sugar cookies, cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit, it's as pretty as it is delicious!
- 16.5 ounce size refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Fruits (berries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, etc)
For The Cookies
- Prepare sugar cookie dough according to package or recipe directions.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough to about ¼ inch thick and cut out egg shaped cookies.
- Bake on a cookie sheet according to package or recipe directions.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For The Frosting
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, a pinch of salt, and then add in powdered sugar gradually.
- Continue mixing after each addition until it’s smooth and creamy and the ingredients are all incorporated.
- Spread each cookie with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting.
- Chop berries and fruit into small pieces and decorate each cookie pizza with a variety of colors.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge wrapped with plastic wrap until you’re ready for them.
- If you're planning to make these sugar cookies ahead of time, you can bake the cookies in advance, make up the frosting, and slice up the fruit. Then you can just wait to assemble the pizzas right before serving. Waiting to assemble them ensures that your cookies will stay crisp.
- Fresh fruit is preferable to canned fruit or fruits that contain a lot of water like watermelon. If you use canned fruit like oranges, be sure to drain really well and pat dry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
It says to mix cream cheese and butter, but butter is not listed in the ingredients?
I’m so sorry about that. It inadvertently got left off but I just fixed it. Thanks so much for letting me know 🙂