This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easter cupcakes are always the perfect Easter treat and when you throw in chocolate covered strawberries, you’ve got a dessert everyone will love!
This post contains affiliate links
There’s so much to love about Easter! You’ve got the Easter egg decorating, Easter desserts and my hubby’s favorite, the holiday ham! Now we can add these fun carrot patch Easter cupcakes to the list!
Carrot Patch Easter Cupcakes
What’s not to love.? You can’t go wrong with any dessert that includes a chocolate covered strawberry, right? Just start by mixing up the ingredients for your cupcakes and while they’re baking, make your “carrots”.
It’s super easy. Just melt your white chocolate, add orange gel food coloring and dip your strawberries.
Once you’ve dipped 12 strawberries, place them on parchment paper and put them in the refrigerator to set. By now, your cupcakes should be just about finished too. Once the cupcakes are cool, they’re ready for some chocolate frosting.
Sprinkle the cupcakes with “dirt” (a.k.a. chocolate graham cracker crumbs)
Now add your “carrots”.
I love how cute these are and they’re SO perfect for the holidays!
We might even leave one out for our favorite bunny! I think he’d love these Easter cupcakes, don’t you?
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Half & Half
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and half & half and whisk until smooth.
- Mix half of the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Add the remainder of the wet ingredients and stir just until mixed but don't stir too much. The batter will be somewhat thin.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In 10 second intervals, melt 4 squares of white chocolate almond bark in the microwave until completely melted.
- Stir in orange food coloring gel. If chocolate gets too thick, add 2-6 drops of milk, microwave for 5 seconds and stir. If necessary, add a few more drops and repeat.
- Dip strawberries in orange chocolate and spoon over any uncovered areas.
- Set on parchment paper and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, top with chocolate frosting.
- Spoon chocolate crumbs over cupcakes.
- Place your "carrot" (orange strawberry) into the center of each of the Easter cupcakes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Keebler makes chocolate graham crackers but they're not sold on Amazon, so I linked to something similar in case that's where you're purchasing your ingredients.
More Fun Easter Ideas
If you’re looking for more awesome Easter treats, you’ll love these yummy Rice Krispie Easter Treats!
That’s not all! Check out these other amazing Easter desserts!
You’ll really have some fun with these Easter egg decorating ideas!