This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This adorable Pikachu pumpkin transforms an ordinary pumpkin into everyone’s favorite Pokémon character! With an easy step-by-step tutorial and printable template, kids of all ages will have a blast making this fun craft!
Table of Contents
Pikachu Pumpkin Craft
It’s that time of year…pumpkin decorating time! Of all the crafts I love to make, Halloween pumpkins may just be my favorite!
There are so many cute pumpkin ideas to choose from and every year we have a blast coming up with new ideas. This year’s batch includes this DIY Pikachu Pumpkin!
I mean, who doesn’t love Pikachu, right?
Why We Love This Pokemon Pumpkin Craft
Easy – Super easy to make, you just need a few basic supplies to create this little guy! I’ve even made a template that you can print so that all you have to do is trace and cut.
Great For All Ages – Kids of all ages love Pokemon so this is an activity that’ll appeal to both younger and older ones.
Budget Friendly – Because you can get many of the supplies you need from your local dollar stores, it doesn’t cost much at all to make these. Fun and cheap? Yes, please!
- Round foam brushes
- Black sharpie
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Foam pumpkin
- Bright yellow acrylic craft paint
- Black craft paint
- White craft paint
- Red craft paint
- Yellow craft foam
- Printable pattern for ears and tail
Now that you’ve got everything you need, let’s get a little crafty!
- Paint your pumpkin yellow and let dry for about 1/2 an hour. Paint a second coat and let dry for an additional half hour.
- Use a large, round foam brush to make two large circles for the eyes.
- Use a black marker to make the nose and mouth.
- Paint the tongue red. Next, mix a small amount of red and black together to make the back of the mouth. It should be slightly darker than the red tongue.
- The black eyes should be dry (or close to dry) by now. Use a smaller round paintbrush to make two white dots inside of the black ones.
- Finally, use your largest round brush to make the red, rosy cheeks. Set aside to dry.
- Print the template and cut out the pieces. Trace them onto the yellow craft foam.
- Cut them out, then color the tips of the ears with black marker. Be sure you color the front of the ear. The marks where you traced with a pencil should be on the back.
- Glue the ears to the top of the pumpkin. One should be leaning slightly to the side. Add a little extra glue to the back, just be be sure it's firmly attached.
- Attached the tail to the back of the pumpkin and hold it in place while the glue dries.
- That's all there is to it! Now you have an adorable Pikachu pumpkin to display for Halloween!
More Cute Halloween Pumpkin Characters