This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are the perfect blend of creamy white chocolate and refreshing peppermint. Easy and delicious, they’re the perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray or dessert table!
Table of Contents
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
I’m all about the holiday cookies and these white chocolate peppermint cookies make the perfect Christmas cookie recipe. They’re a festive version of the classic cookie that’s perfect for holiday parties and cookie exchanges.
These treats are soft and chewy, filled with creamy white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candies. It’s the perfect holiday flavor combination with a pretty holiday look that you’ll love as much as the delicious taste.
Make these white chocolate and peppermint cookies for your party guests, your friends, your family, and Santa too! This is one holiday dessert that you can be sure everyone will love. And if you like these, you’ll also want to try these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies and these M&M Christmas Cookies too!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Perfect for the Holidays – These beautiful and festive cookies are ideal for holiday parties, cookie exchanges, and gifts.
- Delicious Flavor Combination – The peppermint flavor and white chocolate chips are a perfect match, giving these cookies a delicious and unique taste that’s so much better than a regular chocolate chip cookie.
- Pretty Presentation – The crushed candy cane pieces and white chips give these cookies a pretty holiday look. They’ll be the star of your party table for sure!
- Unsalted butter (softened)
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Baking soda
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- White chocolate chips
How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Using a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and shortening in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Step 3: Add the vanilla extract and peppermint extract and continue to mix.
Step 4: Mix in the eggs, then turn the mixer down to low before adding the dry ingredients.
Step 5: Mix in the baking soda and salt, then gradually add the flour.
Step 6: Mix in the chocolate chips and crushed candy.
Step 7: Form the cookie dough into balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
Step 8: Remove the cookies from oven and let them sit for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- After adding the flour, test to see if you can form a dough ball without it sticking to your hands. If it sticks, add 1-2 tablespoons of flour at a time until you can form the cookie dough balls easily.
- You can substitute semisweet chocolate chips for the white chocolate or use a combination of both types.
- If you don’t want the crunchiness of the peppermint candy, you can replace it with peppermint baking chips instead. Andes peppermint crunch candy also tastes delicious in this recipe.
- Be careful not to overbake the cookies. You may want to take them out a minute early, as they will continue to bake a little bit once they are taken out of the oven.
- Get extra fancy and add a drizzle of white chocolate on top.
Store your leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They should keep for 2-3 days.
Yes, they’ll freeze well. Place them in an airtight container in layers separated by sheets of wax paper and you can freeze them for up to a month.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
You can never go wrong with freshly baked cookies for the holidays! If you liked these peppermint white chocolate cookies, you’re sure to love these cookie recipes too!
- Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies
- Gingerbread Reindeer Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Christmas Tree Meringues
- Bear Paw Chocolate Cookies
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and shortening in a large bowl until light and fluffy.1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Add in the vanilla extract and peppermint extract and continue to mix.1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Mix in the eggs, then turn the mixer down to low before adding the dry ingredients. Mix in the baking soda and salt, then gradually add the flour.2 eggs
- Mix in the crushed peppermints and white chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into 1 tbsp balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from oven and let them sit for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!