This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
Does your family love seafood? If so, they won’t be able to get enough of this delicious seafood recipe for fresh Shrimp And Clams Over Rice!
My family loves fresh seafood! While there are already a million reasons to love living in Florida, one of the best is that there are so many different types of seafood at your fingertips! Depending on the month, you can find Fresh From Florida grouper, mahi-mahi, tuna, lobster, crab and so much more! While we love just about every kind of seafood, our personal favorite is definitely the shrimp…the rest of us just have to get to them fast before my hubby does!
When our girls went on vacation with their grandparents recently, we decided to enjoy our kid-free time by heading to a local seafood market. I’d found Walt’s Seafood Market on the Fresh From Florida website, along with a list of other seafood markets. There’s also a page devoted to delicious recipes incorporating both Fresh From Florida seafood and fresh produce. I found some really great recipes to choose from but when I came across the Florida Shrimp And Clams Over Rice, I knew we had a winner!
When we pulled up to Walt’s, I could tell right away that it was our kind of place! There was nautical decor everywhere, both inside and out, which made for a fun atmosphere. Walt’s is 1/2 restaurant and 1/2 seafood market so next time we may have to stay a little longer and have some lunch too!
We picked up our Fresh From Florida shrimp and clams and went back home to get started on dinner…I really couldn’t wait to try this recipe! You know anything that starts with fresh seafood is going to be good! If you love seafood as much as we do, you’ll also want to try this delicious seafood salad or butter poached lobster!
First, you’ll need to peel and devein your shrimp and clean your clams, then set aside. I like to do all my prep first so I also sliced the sausage and chopped the veggies and garlic before I got started. Once everything was ready, I started cooking the yellow rice (you can also use Spanish rice).
Next, preheat a large sauté pan over medium high and add olive oil. Cook the onions, peppers, garlic and sausage until slightly caramelized (about 4 minutes).
Stir in shrimp, clams and seasoning blend. Cover and cook until shrimp are almost thoroughly cooked and clams have started to open (about 4 more minutes).
Stir in diced tomatoes and butter, season with salt and pepper and serve over cooked rice.
I don’t cook seafood very often so I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. Well, I shouldn’t have worried because this dish turned out amazing. It was so delicious that I’m making this a part of my regular rotation and now I can’t wait wait to try out the other Fresh From Florida recipes! Maybe next I need to make one of the yummy dessert recipes next!
Table of Contents
Print The Recipe:
Seafood Lover’s Shrimp & Clams Over Rice
- 1 lb. large Florida shrimp peeled & deveined
- 20 Florida middleneck clams cleaned
- 1 lb. smoked sausage sliced
- 2 Florida tomatoes diced small
- 2 Florida bell peppers seeded & chopped (any color)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 stick butter
- 4 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 tbsp seasoning blend I used Old Bay seasoning
- 1 package yellow or Spanish rice I used yellow rice
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley for garnish chopped (optional)
- Prepare rice mix according to directions on package
- Preheat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil
- Add onion, peppers, garlic & sausage
- Cook until slightly caramelized (approx 4 minutes)
- Add shrimp, clams & seasoning blend
- Stir ingredients and cover
- Cook until shrimp are almost cooked throughout and clams have started to open (approx 4 minutes)
- Add diced tomatoes and butter
- Stir ingredients
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Serve over cooked rice
- Garnish with chopped parsley
Are you a seafood lover? Which of the Fresh From Florida seafood recipes would you most like to try?
If you liked this recipe, you may want to check these out: