This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These White Cake Mix Recipes will show you just how easy it is to transform a regular boxed cake mix into moist, show stopping desserts. The best part is that they still taste like they were made completely from scratch!
Whether you need to throw together a quick and easy cake at the last minute or delicious cookies for a cookie swap or decadent donuts for breakfast, we have the perfect recipe for you. And, they all have one thing in common…they start with a simple box of white cake mix.
Boxed cake mix is probably one of the most underrated kitchen hacks but it’s the perfect way to quickly whip up sweet and decadent desserts. Add a few other simple ingredients and you’ll have bakery quality-desserts with little effort. Boxed mixes are not only easy and quick to work with but they taste just as good if not better than scratch recipes.
💖 Why We Love Cake Mix Recipes
- By using a box mix, you cut down on the number of ingredients needed to make your dessert recipe.
- White cake mixes act as a blank canvas for many different and creative types of recipes.
- Easy cake mix recipes are a great way to teach kids how to bake.
- No need to measure out dry ingredients; they’re already measured for you.
Easy Ways to Elevate the Flavors of Boxed Cake Mix
If a recipe that calls for you to make the cake according to package directions, here are a few ways to tweak it to give it a bakery-style makeover:
- Extra eggs: To make your cake extra rich and moist, add 2 additional egg yolks to what the recipe calls for. For example, if the recipe calls for 2 eggs, you will use 2 eggs, plus 2 yolks.
- Swap the water: Depending on the recipe, you can swap out the water in a box mix calls for with whole milk, non-dairy milk, juice or even soda.
- Butter is better: Cakes mixes typically call for vegetable oil but why settle for oil with no taste? Replace the oil with melted butter in equal parts. Seriously, butter makes everything taste better, right?
- Extra flavors: Cake mixes come already favored. Whether it’s a vanilla, chocolate or strawberry cake mix, use your imagination to enhance the flavors. Extra vanilla extract or other flavored extracts are a great choice. Citrus zest, cocoa powder, certain crushed candies or cookies, or even instant coffee granules can add a lot of extra flavors to a regular cake mix.
There are over 30 amazing recipes to choose from in this roundup. So, break out that box of cake mix in your pantry and give one of these amazing desserts a try!