This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Strawberry Jello Parfait cups are a creamy and fruity treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. Their fun and fancy presentation make them perfect for a party or special dinner and the best part is that these sweet treats are super easy to make too!
If you love easy dessert recipes (I know I do!), you’ll definitely want to give this Strawberry Jello parfait a try! With fun diagonal layers in shades of red and pink, these fancy Jello cups are perfect for pretty much any other occasion too!
This elegant dessert tastes as good as it looks, with fruity strawberry Jello on the bottom and a creamy mousse-like layer on top. It’s the perfect dessert to surprise your special someone, serve at a party, or just to make for a fun family treat.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Dessert Recipe
Perfect for Valentine’s Day – The pretty red, pink, and white colors and sweet strawberry flavor make this a great dessert to serve for Valentine’s Day.
Budget Friendly – Jello mix, Cool Whip, and strawberries are the only things you’ll need to buy for these dessert cups, so it’s one of the most inexpensive treats you can make.
Easy to Make – With just a few simple ingredients, this no bake dessert is a great recipe when you need something that looks impressive but is incredibly easy to make.
It’s Light and Refreshing – With fresh fruit and a fluffy top layer, this fun treat isn’t too heavy or filling, so it’s great light dessert option.
- Strawberry Jell-o
- Boiling water
- Cold water
- Cool whip
- Strawberries, quartered
- Whipped cream (or whipped topping)
- Fresh strawberries for topping
How to Make Strawberry Jello Parfaits
Step 1: Place 8 (9 oz.) plastic cups into the cups of a muffin tray. Put something under the side of each cup so that it is tilted slightly. (We used small pieces of folded aluminum foil.)
Step 2: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, then remove it from the heat. Whisk in 2 packages of Jello into the boiling water and stir until the Jello is completely dissolved.
Step 3: Add 2 cups of cold water and stir to combine.
Step 4: Pour the Jello evenly into the tilted plastic cups. Each one should be filled about ⅔ full.
Step 5: Carefully drop 4 strawberry quarters into each Jello cup. Move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for 3 hours, or until the Jello is set.
Step 6: To make the creamy layer, start by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove it from the heat and combine the last package of Jello with the hot water.
Step 7: Add 1 cup of cold water and stir to combine. Allow the Jello mixture to cool completely.
Step 8: Once the Jello mixture has cooled, whisk in 8 ounces of Cool Whip.
Step 9: Remove the item you used to prop up the cups so that they sit upright. Divide the pink Jello mixture evenly between the cups. Move the cups back to refrigerator to chill for another hour, until the pink layer has set.
Step 10: Before serving, top with whipped cream and a fresh strawberry. You could also add a spring of fresh mint if you like.
Tips & Tricks
- Add some pink and white or heart-shaped sprinkles to this pretty dessert for an extra festive garnish. You can make these Jello desserts extra fancy by serving them in parfait glasses or wine glasses.
- You can try different flavors of Jello or any fresh fruit in this easy recipe. Raspberry Jello would work…just top with fresh raspberries instead. You could also choose lime for a St. Patty’s Day green version or make the top layer blue for a patriotic jello parfait recipe.
- Make a boozy version of this Jello recipe by replacing 1/2 to 1 cup of the cold water in the bottom Jello layer with strawberry or vanilla vodka.
- You can use homemade or store-bought whipped cream for topping, or simply use a dollop of plain Cool Whip.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for 3-4 days. You’ll want to store them without the whipped cream, so be sure not to add this until you are ready to serve.
More Cool Whip Desserts
If you love this recipe, you may want to try some of these other dessert dishes that feature Cool Whip as a main ingredient!
- No Bake Cheesecake With Cool Whip
- No Bake Pineapple Pie
- Cool Whip Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lush
- Peach Fluff Salad
Strawberry Jello Parfait
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 boxes strawberry Jello 3 oz size
- 3 cups cold water
- 8 strawberries quartered
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Whipped cream for topping
- 8 strawberries for topping
- Place 8 (9 oz.) plastic cups into the cups of a muffin tin. Put something under the side of each cup so that it is tilted slightly. (We used small pieces of folded aluminum foil.)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove it from the heat and whisk in 2 packages of strawberry Jello mix, stirring until the Jello is completely dissolved.3 cups boiling water, 3 boxes strawberry Jello
- Add 2 cups of cold water to the Jello mixture and stir to combine.3 cups cold water
- Pour the Jello evenly into the tilted plastic cups, filling each about ⅔ full.
- Carefully drop 4 strawberry quarters into each Jello cup. Move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for 3 hours, or until the Jello is set.8 strawberries
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove it from the heat and whisk in the last package of strawberry Jello mix.3 boxes strawberry Jello
- Add 1 cup of cold water and stir to combine. Allow the Jello mixture to cool completely.
- Once the Jello mixture has cooled, whisk in 8 ounces of Cool Whip.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Remove the item you used to prop up the cups so that they sit upright. Divide the pink Jello mixture evenly between the cups and then move the cups back to refrigerator to chill for another hour, until the pink layer has set.
- Before serving, add whipped cream to a piping bag and add a dollop to each parfait, along with a fresh strawberry. You could also add a spring of fresh mint if you like.Whipped cream for topping, 8 strawberries
- Top with pink and white or heart-shaped sprinkles for an extra festive Valentine’s Day garnish. You could also add a sprig of fresh mint.
- You can make a fun boozy version by replacing 1/2 to 1 cup of the cold water in the bottom Jello layer with strawberry or vanilla vodka.
- For more fancy jello desserts, skip the plastic cups and serve these in wine glasses or parfait glasses instead.