This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Mummy Rice Krispie Treats dress up everyone’s favorite classic dessert for Halloween. They’re an adorable and festive Halloween treat that’s perfect for parties or just a fun snack for the kids!
If you’re looking for a fun Halloween recipe that’s more cute than creepy, you’ll love these fun Mummy Rice Krispies Treats! They’ve got the chewy texture and sweet marshmallow flavor of a classic Rice Krispie treat, with the addition of white chocolate mummy wrap and candy eyes.
Loved by kids and adults alike, these treats are sure to be the star of your Halloween party. They’re also perfect for kids’ parties and classroom events. And like all Rice Krispie treats, these are an easy, no-bake dessert that’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser at any event.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect For Parties – These adorable mummy treats are the perfect crowd-pleasing dessert to get you in the mood for spooky season!
Kid Friendly – This easy Halloween Rice Krispie treats recipe will be huge hit at a children’s party or classroom event. They’re also easy enough for kids to make themselves!
Easy – All you need is some melted chocolate and candy eyeballs to turn an ordinary Rice Krispie treat into a fun and festive Halloween dessert.
Make A Fun Halloween Treat Board
If you really want to get into the spooky spirit, use these to make your own Halloween Snack Board. Combine them with these cute Nutter Butter Ghosts, Oreo Bats, Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries and any other tasty snacks you like.
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Miniature marshmallows
- White chocolate melts
- Candy eyeballs
How To Make Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
Step 1: Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
Step 2: Add the miniature marshmallows and continue to heat, stirring frequently until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
Step 3: Remove from the heat and add the the cereal. Continue to stir until the marshmallow is evenly distributed.
Step 4: Press the mixture into the 9×13 inch pan and let it sit for about an hour.
Cut the treats into 12 rectangles and place them on a cutting board or a cooling rack with a sheet of parchment or wax paper underneath.
Step 5: Place the white chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments. Stir well in between each increment, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Step 6: Pour the chocolate into a piping bag and snip off the tip. Drizzle the white chocolate over the treats in a zig zag pattern to create the mummy bandages, leaving just enough in the bag to attach the eyes.
Tip: If you don’t have a piping bag, you can pour the white chocolate into a ziplock bag and cut off the corner.
Step 7: Use the remaining white chocolate to add the candy eyes. Allow the treats to sit until the chocolate has set, then enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Spray some non-stick cooking spray on your hands or use a sheet of parchment paper when pressing the treats into the pan. This will keep them from sticking to your hands.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the bottom of these fun treats and turn them into mummy Rice Krispie pops. You can also wrap them individually in cellophane and give them away at a Halloween party or school event.
- If your leftover treats start to dry out, you can soften them up a bit by heating them for 5 seconds in the microwave.
You can store your treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Yes! Just wrap each treat in a piece of parchment paper, then place in an airtight container or large freezer bag. They should keep for up to two months.
No problem! Just use a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off and drizzle the melted chocolate through the hole in the bag.
More Halloween Treats
If you liked these Halloween mummy treats, you’ll want to check out these easy Halloween treats too:
- Easy Halloween Donuts
- Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Dirt Pudding Cups
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Pumpkin Hand Pies
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.3 tbsp. butter
- Add the miniature marshmallows and continue to heat, stirring frequently until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.6 cups mini marshmallows
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal, mixing until the marshmallow is evenly distributed.6 cups Rice Krispies
- Press the mixture into the 9×13 inch pan and let it sit for about an hour.
- Cut the treats into 12 rectangles and place them on a cutting board or a cooling rack with a sheet of parchment or wax paper underneath.
- Place the white chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments. Stir well in between each increment, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.10 ounces white chocolate melts
- Pour the melted white chocolate into a piping bag and snip off the tip.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the treats in a zig zag pattern to make the mummy bandages.
- Add the candy eyes and allow the treats to sit until the chocolate has set.24 candy eyeballs