This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Fruit Salad With Cool Whip recipe turns an ordinary fruit cocktail into a special occasion treat. Light and fluffy with a delicious creamy texture, this fancy fruit salad is the perfect springtime dessert!
Looking for a new family favorite dessert that’s a refreshing change from the usual cakes and cookies? This fruit salad with Cool Whip will be one of your new favorite recipes.
Sometimes called ambrosia fruit salad, this fluffy concoction is simultaneously light and indulgent, with a delicious fruity flavor. It’s the perfect end to a family dinner during the spring and summer months or a tasty treat for summer picnics and parties.
In addition to being incredibly easy, the best part about this creamy fruit salad is that it’s super versatile. Toss in any fruit you like and have fun creating new variations. You can’t go wrong with this classic recipe!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect for Parties – Make a big bowl of this easy and delicious fruit salad for your next family gathering, party, or potluck. It’s a sure crowd pleaser that always disappears in a hurry.
Easy – There’s no cooking, no baking, and no fancy ingredients or equipment needed for this easy recipe. Just pour everything into a bowl and mix!
Light and Refreshing – The lightly sweet flavor and real fruit make this a great recipe when you want something sweet but don’t feel like a rich and heavy dessert.
- Mixed fruit cocktail, drained
- Canned Mandarin oranges, drained
- Canned pineapple chunks, drained
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- Mini marshmallows
👩🏼🍳How to Make Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
Step 1: Mix the oranges, pineapple chunks, and canned fruit cocktail in a large bowl until well mixed.
Step 2: Add the shredded coconut flakes, marshmallows, and Cool Whip.
Step 3: Stir to combine, then top with maraschino cherries. Place your fresh fruit salad in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Toss in some chopped pecans or walnuts to add a delicious nutty flavor and some crunch to your salad. You can also add any different fruit that you’d like.
- Replace the plain mini marshmallows with rainbow fruity marshmallows for a pop of pastel color that will look great on any party table.
- We love making this fruit fluff with creamy Cool Whip but you can always substitute your favorite flavor of pudding (cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix flavors work great). You can also use Greek yogurt.
Absolutely! The great thing about this recipe is that it tastes even better once it’s been chilled for a few hours. You can also make it the day before you need it, but I wouldn’t recommend preparing it any further out than that, as it may start to get watery.
This salad can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days. For best results, store it in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap.
More Easy No Bake Desserts
- Easy Pineapple Fluff
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- No Bake Pineapple Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- Strawberry Jello Parfait
Fruit Salad With Cool Whip
- In a large bowl, stir together the oranges, pineapple chunks, and fruit cocktail until well mixed.1 can mandarin oranges, 1 can pineapple chunks, 2 cans mixed fruit cocktail
- Add the shredded coconut flakes, marshmallows, and Cool Whip, then stir to combine. Top with maraschino cherries, if desired.1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, 2 cups mini marshmallows, 8 ounces frozen whipped topping
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour before serving.