This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies are a super cute and festive addition to your Thanksgiving dinner or celebration. The whole family will have a great time making this fun and easy Thanksgiving recipe!
These easy Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies are an edible craft project that the kids will love. Nutter Butter cookies dipped in creamy chocolate are decorated with candy faces and candy corn feathers to make a treat that’s easy, delicious, and perfect for Thanksgiving.
Add these to your Thanksgiving table, bring them to a kids’ school event, or make them for a fun fall weekend activity. It’s a great way to turn ordinary store-bought cookies into a perfect Thanksgiving dessert!
The best part is that you need just a few ingredients and there’s no baking required! This recipe is super easy to make and it’s a great one for getting the little ones involved. Add these cookies to your holiday to-do list along with these Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies and Nutter Butter Reindeer Cupcakes for Christmas!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Easy – This sweet treat only requires a handful of ingredients and is incredibly simple to make.
Festive – These fun turkey cookies are the perfect Thanksgiving treat and will look perfect on your holiday dessert table!
Kid-Friendly – This is an easy recipe for the little ones. Kids of all ages will love helping you separate the cookies, place the candy corn feathers, and add the turkey faces.
- Oreo cookies
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Candy corn pieces
- Chocolate candy corn pieces
- Candy eyes
- Red frosting (or white icing mixed with red food coloring)
- Milk chocolate melting wafers
How to Make Nutter Butter Turkeys
Step 1: Separate the Oreo halves and discard the filling, then place them on a baking sheet. Cut off a triangle from the orange end of the chocolate candy corn to make each turkey beak.
Step 2: Place chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well in between. Dip one end of each Nutter Butter into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off. Place it onto the bottom part of one of the Oreo halves.
Step 3: Place an orange candy corn beak and two candy eyes in the chocolate dipped portion of the Nutter Butter.
Step 4: Pipe just a bit of the red frosting onto the back of 5 candy corn pieces, then place them around the top of the Oreo cookie halves to make the turkey feathers. You can also attach them with a dab of chocolate.
Step 5: Allow the chocolate to harden. Finally, pipe a dab of red frosting beside the candy corn beak to make the turkey’s gobbler. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If your Nutter Butters start to detach themselves from the Oreo cookie halves, slide an extra candy corn under the plain end of the Nutter Butter to hold it up while the chocolate sets.
- If you prefer, you can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate melting wafers instead of melting them in the microwave.
- Any variety of Oreo cookies, or any other flat, round cookie will work in place of the regular Oreos in this recipe.
- If you don’t have Nutter Butter cookies, you can use Milano cookies as a substitute.
- You can also use Red Hot Candies in place of the candy corn nose. If you don’t have candy eyes, use chocolate chips or mini M&M’s instead.
You can store your leftover cookies in an airtight container either in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 5 days. Place them in a single layer so as not to break off any of the decorations.
More Easy Thanksgiving Recipes
If you liked these fun and festive Thanksgiving cookies, you may want to try some of these delicious recipes too!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Classic Cranberry Martini
- 30+ Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Cranberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
- 17 Thanksgiving Pie Recipes
Nutter Butter Turkeys
- Separate the Oreo halves and discard the filling, then place them on a baking sheet. Cut off a triangle from the orange end of the chocolate candy corn to make each turkey beak.6 Oreo cookies, 12 chocolate candy corn pieces
- Microwave the chocolate melting wafers, in 30 second intervals, stirring well in between. Dip one end of each Nutter Butter into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off. Place it onto the bottom part of one of the Oreo halves.10 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers, 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- Place an orange candy corn beak and two candy eyes in the chocolate dipped portion of the Nutter Butter.12 chocolate candy corn pieces, 24 candy eyes
- Pipe just a bit of the red frosting onto the back of the candy corn pieces, then place them around the top of the Oreo cookie halves to make the turkey feathers.½ cup red frosting, 60 pieces candy corn
- Let the cookies set until the chocolate hardens. Finally, pipe a dab of red frosting beside the candy corn beak to make the turkey’s gobbler. Enjoy!