This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This strawberry cake mix cookie recipe not only makes the most amazing strawberry cookies but they’re incredibly easy to make too! With just five simple ingredients, you can whip up these delicious cookies in no time!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and that totally puts me in the mood for pink desserts. This valentine cake is one of my favorites but these chocolate candy hearts are pretty awesome too! I love pretty desserts already but when they’re easy to make too, it’s the perfect combination!
Why we love this recipe
Cake mix cookies are one of my favorite easy recipes! They’re probably the easiest cookies you can make and they taste so delish, kind of a cross between cookies and cake.
Plus, if you’ve got the strawberry cake mix in the pantry, you probably already have everything else you need to make these sweet treats (and if you’ve got extra, you can use it to make some of these other Strawberry Cake Mix Recipes).
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
That’s why I’m loving this easy cookie recipe. These cookies are super easy to make and you only need 5 ingredients.
Step 1: Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a large bowl.
Step 2: Mix ingredients until well blended. You can do this with either a stand mixer or hand mixer.
Step 3: Use a medium cookie scoop to drop spoonfuls of the cookie batter onto a lined baking sheet.
Step 4: Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for five minutes.
Step 5: Transfer cookies to a cooling rack. While they cool, mix milk and powdered sugar to make the glaze.
Step 6: Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle glaze over the cookies. Let sit for a couple minutes until the glaze sets, then they’re ready to eat.
These cookies turned out so good that they’re almost too pretty to eat…I love the beautiful pink color! They taste even better with a cold glass of milk!
If you want to try something different, you can add white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and even M&M’s instead of adding the glaze. Buttercream frosting would be tasty too.
You can even make the cookies a different flavor by using a different kind of cake mix, like lemon or even funfetti cake mix cookies. There is just so much you can do with this recipe!
How to store cake mix cookies
If you’re lucky enough to have some of these left over, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
These easy cake mix cookies make an excellent teacher gift or valentines day treat. It’s also a great recipe when you need the perfect pink cookies for baby showers (if it’s a girl, of course).
I’m not sure if I love these delicious strawberry cake mix cookies more because they’re so easy to make or because they taste SO good…it’s the perfect combination!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- 1 box strawberry cake mix 15.25 ounces
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 5 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a mixer to combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs in large mixing bowl.1 box strawberry cake mix, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs
- Use a cookie scoop to measure the batter and space evenly on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown and the top of the cookie starts to crack (10 minutes max unless you used a larger scoop).
- Remove from oven and let cool. You’ll want to be sure they’re cool before moving them from the parchment paper, since cake mix cookies are more delicate when warm.
- To prepare glaze, whisk together confectioners sugar and milk,1 cup confectioners sugar, 5 tbsp milk
- Once cookies have cooled, use piping bag or spoon to drizzle glaze over the cookies.
- Allow glaze to set and enjoy!
If you liked this fun dessert recipe, you may want to check these out too…
These No Bake Cheesecake Bites are the most popular dessert post on my blog. They’re perfect for parties and super easy to make!
This pretty Valentine’s Day Bark combines the best of both worlds, white and dark chocolate!
If you like cookie dough, you’re going to love these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites!
this one sounds like a keeper
Thank you! It’s definitely one of my more popular ones (both on the blog and at home!)