This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m excited to be partnering with Tasteful Selections once again to share how they make our family dinners both delicious and easy!
This easy potato soup recipe is perfect for busy moms. Not only does it taste amazing but it’s simple to make and ready to eat in 30 minutes!
Sometimes mom life gets a little busy. Okay, who am I kidding…life is pretty much always busy when you’re a mom. Though we’re spending a lot more time at home these days, even that hasn’t slowed me down. Between working from home full time and now teach my kids from home too, my days are pretty full.
That’s doesn’t even include everything else that has to be done, like laundry and keeping the house looking somewhat presentable (not easy with kids home all day!) . By the time dinner rolls around, sometimes I just want something simple. Of course, it has to taste great too. That’s when I grab a bag of Tasteful Selections Bite-Size Potatoes.
Every busy mom should keep these in the pantry. They’re a staple in mine because they make mealtime so easy. These potatoes come pre-washed, you don’t have to peel them, prep is fast and easy and they cook quickly. Half the work is already done for me!
As if that weren’t enough reason to love Tasteful Selections potatoes, here’s one more. They’re celebrating their 10 year anniversary by giving away some fun prizes so when you’re finished making this recipe, be sure to scroll to the bottom to enter!
Table of Contents
Easy Potato Soup Recipe
While I love including these bite-size potatoes in my dinner recipes, like our favorite lemon rosemary chicken, sometimes they can be a meal all on their own. We are big soup fans (you can never go wrong with French onion soup or tomato soup)) and this easy potato soup recipe makes a great lunch or dinner. I still can’t decide if I like it more because it’s so quick and easy or because it tastes SO good! Plus, we usually have most of the ingredients on hand so I can make it anytime.
Once you’ve gathered everything you need, dice the potatoes and place them in a large pot with chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
In a separate saucepan, saute 1/2 of a yellow onion in butter. Once onion begins to soften, add freshly minced garlic.
Cook for 1-2 more minutes, then add flour.
Mix well, then add milk. Cook over medium heat until milk thickens, then pour into potato mixture.
If you like your potato soup chunky, you are totally good to go. Just ladle into bowls and add your favorite toppings.
We like a creamier soup so I put it in the food processor for about 20-30 seconds to break down the potatoes.
Once you’ve got it just how you want it, your potato soup is ready to serve!
This easy potato soup recipe is such an awesome meal because you can eat it as is or pile it high with toppings like cheese, bacon or scallions.
Everybody in my family has a favorite way to eat their potato soup. My youngest daughter loves to pile on the bacon and my oldest can’t get enough cheddar cheese.
I like a little bit of everything and eat mine with cheese, bacon AND some scallions on top.
Don’t forget to check out Tasteful Selections online and help celebrate their 10th anniversary by entering their giveaway. There are lots of cool prizes and this month you can win a brand new air fryer and of course, Tasteful Selections Bite-Size Potatoes!
Easy Potato Soup Recipe
- Place potatoes and chicken broth in a large dutch oven or pot and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.3 cups Tasteful Selection White Delight Potatoes, 2 cups chicken broth
- While potatoes are cooking, melt butter in a saucepan, then saute the onions. Once they begin to soften, stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute or two.1/2 yellow onion, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 3 tbsp butter
- Whisk in flour.1/4 cup flour
- Add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring regularly.2 cups milk
- Once the milk thickens, add milk and onion mixture to the cooked potatoes.
- This next step is totally optional. If you like a chunky potato soup, you’re ready to add your toppings and serve. However, we like our potato soup to have a smoother consistency so I put it in the food processor just long enough to break down the potatoes, about 20-30 seconds.
- Ladle into bowls and add toppings such as cheese, bacon and/or scallions.
- I love how easy this recipe is to make already but if you want to save even more time, use pre-cooked bacon and prepared garlic instead of fresh.
If you liked this easy potato soup, check out some of my other Tasteful Selections recipes: