This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Cold Spinach Dip recipe is a delicious, super easy to make appetizer that’s absolutely perfect for your next party! Packed with fresh spinach, cheese, and spices, this crowd-pleasing recipe is sure to become your new favorite party dip.
Cold spinach dip is a classic party recipe and this delicious appetizer will be a sure fire hit at any at any gathering. Fresh spinach is combined with sour cream, spices, and three kinds of cheese for smooth and creamy dip that the whole crowd will love.
Easy enough that you can whip it up in minutes, it’s so delicious that everyone will be asking for your recipe. It makes a perfect easy appetizer, party dish, or even just a hearty snack.
The tangy flavor of this recipe pairs perfectly with your favorite crunchy veggies, crispy pita chips, or crusty bread, but it’s so good that you’ll want to eat it with a spoon! Whip up a batch for your next party and you’ll have a house full of happy guests.
Why We Love This Dip Recipe
Great for Parties – Everyone loves a good party dip, and this easy cold spinach dip is so creamy and flavorful that it’s sure to be a hit at any gathering.
Versatile – Serve this with crusty bread, crackers, potato chips, tortilla chips, or any kind of veggies. It tastes great with just about anything.
Easy – With just a few simple ingredients, this delicious dip is super easy and comes together in minutes. All you need to do is mix everything together and serve!
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to Make Cold Spinach Dip
Step 1. Fry the spinach in small portions (without oil) for 2-3 minutes. It should be soft, but not dry or crunchy. Transfer the spinach to a medium mixing bowl and continue with the next batch until all the spinach has been fried.
Step 2. Gently take the spinach and squeeze out any excess moisture, then finely chop.
Step 3. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, salt, parmesan, onion and garlic powder to the bowl with the spinach. You can also add any additional spices that you like.
Step 4. Stir the ingredients together so that they’re mixed well.
Step 5. Transfer the dip to your serving bowl. It’s best served cold so chill the dip for at least 2 hours or overnight to thicken it up a bit, then serve it with fresh herbs and extra parmesan.
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to let your cream cheese soften first. That’s what gives this dip it’s super creamy texture. If you use cold cream cheese, your dip may turn out lumpy.
- Mix in some cooked chopped bacon to give your dip a delicious smoky flavor.
- For and extra fun and eye-catching presentation, serve this dip in a bread bowl! Just remove the top and center of a round sourdough bread loaf and add your homemade spinach dip. You can use the removed sections of the bread for dipping.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices to this cold dip recipe. Dill, parsley, green onions, bagel seasoning, black pepper, or even a little bit of vegetable soup mix or onion soup mix would all be delicious. You could even sprinkle a little feta cheese over the top.
- If you want to add a little extra crunch, try mixing in some chopped water chestnuts.
You can! Make this easy dip one or two days ahead of time so that you have one less thing to do on the day of your party!
Place your leftovers in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Yes! You can skip the cooking and make this recipe with frozen chopped spinach instead of fresh. Just be sure to thaw the spinach completely and squeeze out all the excess water.
More Delicious Dips
Cold Spinach Dip Recipe
- Fry the spinach in small portions (without oil) for 2-3 minutes. It should be soft,but not dry or crunchy. Transfer the spinach to a medium bowl and continue with the next batch until all the spinach has been fried.3 cups fresh spinach
- Gently squeeze the spinach to remove excess moisture, then finely chop.
- Add mozzarella, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan, onion powder, and garlic powder and salt to the bowl with the spinach. You can also add any additional spices that you like.1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp granulated onion, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Stir the ingredients together so that they’re mixed well.
- Transfer the dip to your serving bowl. For best results, chill the spinach dip for 30-60 minutes to thicken it up a bit, then serve it with fresh herbs and extra parmesan.