This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip takes all the classic flavors of buffalo chicken wings and turns them into a creamy, tangy and totally irresistible dip. It’s a quick and easy appetizer for game day, holidays or any other time of year.
When it comes to hearty and delicious party foods, spicy buffalo wings are usually at the top of everyone’s list. With this easy recipe you get the same tangy and spicy flavors in a rich and creamy dip, without all the mess and hard work of preparing wings. Best of all, it requires no cooking, which is always a bonus!
Just combine tender, shredded chicken, a combination of cheeses, seasonings and spicy buffalo sauce, then refrigerate until you’re ready to serve it. This appetizer is always a crowd pleaser and if you love these flavors together, you’ll want to give these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs a try too!
💖 Why We Love This Recipe
- Using just a handful of simple ingredients, this easy recipe comes together in just 10 minutes.
- Has all the same classic buffalo wing flavors but in a scoopable, mouthwatering dip.
- Perfect portable appetizer for tailgating during football season or for when you need a dish to take to potlucks or parties.
- Full-fat cream cheese, softened
- Cooked chicken
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Franks buffalo wing sauce
- Ranch dressing mix
- Crumbled blue cheese for topping
- Green onions, sliced, or chives, for topping
👩🍳 How to Make Easy Buffalo Dip
Step 1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken and cheddar cheese.
Step 2. Sprinkle in the ranch seasoning mix.
Step 3. Add the softened cream cheese.
Step 4. Next, pour buffalo sauce over the top.
Step 5. Fold together until well combined, then add to a serving bowl and chill for 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
Step 6. Top this tasty dip with blue cheese crumbles, and green onions, if desired.
Store leftover buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container or in a bowl wrapped with plastic wrap.
What Do I Serve with this Dip?
You can serve this yummy dip with corn chips, tortilla chips or any of your favorite crackers. For a low carb, healthier option, serve it with fresh veggies like celery sticks, bell peppers slices and carrot sticks.
Can I Serve This Dip Hot?
You sure can. All you have to do is transfer it to a baking dish and cook at 375 degrees until it’s warm and gooey. You can also cook it in a small slow cooker on the low or warm setting for a couple of hours.
When kept chilled in the fridge, this dip will last for about 4 days. The key to keeping it fresh longer is not allowing it to sit out at room temperature for long periods of time when serving it.
Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Variations?
Chicken: You can bake, poach or roast your own chicken, allow it to cool and shred it. Or for a short cut, you can use leftover rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken.
Consistency: This is a thick and hearty dip. If you want to loosen it up a bit, you can drizzle in a little blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing. You’ll add just enough to make it the spreadable consistency you’re looking for.
Spice level: If you like extra heat, you can add a little bit of hot sauce or cayenne pepper to the sauce. If you want it to be a little less spicy, you can mix in some sour cream and use a bit less buffalo sauce.
Garnishes: If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, you can top this delicious dip with feta crumbles instead. I also like to add a little bit of chopped celery with the green onions as a garnish.
Want More Appetizer Recipes?
- Mini Cheese Balls
- 3-Ingredient Sausage Balls
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 7 Layer Dip Cups
- Fried Goat Cheese
- Sausage Puff Pastry With Peppers & Onions
- Sausage Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- Avocado Deviled Eggs With Bacon & Blue Cheese
- Easy Brie & Proscuitto Appetizer
- Phyllo Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Pickle Dip
Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 cup chicken pulled, chunked, or diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup Franks hot sauce
- 3 tbsp Crumbled blue cheese for topping
- Green onions for topping
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken and cheddar cheese.1 cup chicken, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle in the ranch seasoning mix.2 tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- Add the softened cream cheese, then pour buffalo sauce over the top.8 oz. cream cheese, ⅓ cup Franks hot sauce
- Fold together until well combined. Add to a serving bowl and chill for 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles, and green onions, if desired.3 tbsp Crumbled blue cheese, Green onions
- Don’t have time to cook your own chicken? Rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe.
- To serve this dip hot, just transfer it to a baking dish and cook at 375 degrees until warm and gooey. You can also warm it in a small slow cooker on the low or warm setting for a couple of hours.