This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These tasty Vodka Jello Shots are a surefire way to liven up any gathering! From rich and creamy to fun and fruity, these mini cocktails are the perfect boozy party starters.
Table of Contents
Easy Vodka Jello Shots
Looking to add some boozy fun to your next get-together? These easy to make vodka jello shots have got you covered! From classic favorites like lime and orange to more adventurous combinations like candy corn and butterbeer, there’s something for everyone!
The great thing about them is that they’re a total breeze to make and can even be made ahead of time. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or a casual game night, these fun cocktails will take your party to a whole new level!
Why We Love These Recipes
- They’re so much fun: Colorful and super tasty, these jello shots are as much fun to make as they are to serve.
- Simple to make: These are such an easy and fun way to serve cocktails. All you need is flavored gelatin and vodka, along with a couple other simple ingredients, and you can whip up a whole batch.
- Versatile options: Make these using regular or flavored vodka and any flavor of jello you prefer. The possible variations are endless!
- Portable cocktails: Use the kind of plastic shot glass that has a lid and your shots are ideal for packing up and taking on the go!
- Jello shot cups – Small plastic cups specifically made for Jello shots are inexpensive and make handling them easy. You can use the smaller 2 ounce size or the slightly larger 3 ounce size (best for layered shots).
- Large mixing bowl – Most recipes will require the gelatin to be completely dissolved in boiling water. Make sure you choose one that is large enough that allows room for stirring or whisking the jello mixture.
- Liquid measuring cup – You’ll want to measure the water and alcohol precisely so the gelatin shots firm up when you refrigerate them. It also helps to use the measuring cup to pour the mixture evenly into the shot cups.
- Whisk or spoon – A whisk works well to dissolve the jello powder with boiling water and other ingredients.
- Sheet pan – Place your shot glasses on a baking sheet prior to filling them. This makes transporting them to the fridge much easier.
Regular Vodka Jello Shots
Shots With Whipped Cream Vodka
Other Vodka Variations
Basic Recipe FAQs
While it’s possible to freezer leftover shots, the original texture may change when they’re thawed.
Making jell-o shots into different shapes is easy to do. Just pour the jello mixture into silicone candy molds and let them sit in the fridge until firm.
You can also make jello cubes by pouring the ingredients in a rimmed baking pan, then cutting them into squares when they are set.
These recipes are made with flavored gelatin mix that gives them instant flavor. But you can always use unflavored, then use fruit juices instead of water to give them different flavors and different colors.
Store in the fridge up to 6-7 days depending on the other ingredients. If the recipe calls for fresh fruit, you’ll want to serve the shots within a few days.
Top Tips for the Best Jello Shots
- Always use boiling water: When you pour the boiling water onto the gelatin, the high temperature will ensure that the jello gelatin mix dissolves completely
- Measure the alcohol: With most cocktails, you can estimate the amounts of ingredients, but when making jello shots, too much alcohol can prevent the jello from setting like it should.
- Chill the vodka: Since vodka does not freeze, it’s a good idea to keep it in the freezer. Using chilled vodka, along with cold water, helps the the jello shots firm up faster.
- Try different liquors While we made these jello shots with vodka, feel free to experiment with other types of liquor like peach schnapps, spiced or white rum or tequila.
- Don’t rush the chill time: When making jell-o shots, you need to allow the time for them to sit in the fridge for several hours. You can refrigerate the shots overnight if you need to make them ahead of time.
- Keep them cold: It’s best to serve the shots cold when ready to serve. They will melt so plan to consume or refrigerate the shots within 30 – 45 minutes.
- Stir gently: When adding the vodka and water into the bowl with the jello, stir gently to avoid excessive foaming. This helps to to keep the mixture clear, without little bubbles forming at the top.
17 of the Best Jello Shot Recipes
- Irish Flag Jello Shots
- Cotton Candy Jello Shots
- Lemonade Jello Shots
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Halloween Jello Shot Syringes
- Halloween Jello Shots
- Grinch Jello Shots
- Christmas Jello Shots
- Orange Jello Shots
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Pineapple Jello Shots Recipe
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Strawberry Whipped Cream Vodka Jello Shots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Jello Shots
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots
- Cherry Limeade Jello Shots
- 4th Of July Jello Shots Recipe
- Choose a vodka jello shot recipe.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Mix, chill and enjoy!