This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This copycat Chick-Fil-A peppermint milkshake is an easy recipe with all the delicious flavor of our favorite holiday treat. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this festive peppermint shake at home any time you want!
Table of Contents
Copycat Chick-fil-a Peppermint Milkshake Recipe
If you’re like me, you can’t get enough of the creamy and delicious holiday peppermint shake from Chick-Fil-A! This copycat version of the peppermint shake recipe tastes just like the real thing, plus it’s cheaper, and you don’t need to leave your house to get it!
Smooth vanilla ice cream, cool peppermint extract, rich chocolate, and crushed candy canes combine to create this delicious treat that’s full of holiday minty flavor. The sweet and delicious taste and rich, creamy texture make this easy copycat recipe the perfect holiday season indulgence.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Tastes like the original: This peppermint chip milkshake tastes exactly like the seasonal peppermint shake available for a limited time at Chick-Fil-A.
- Perfect for the holidays: The cool and creamy peppermint flavor is a holiday classic, making this a perfect drink to accompany all delicious holiday treats.
- Enjoy it all year: While your local Chick-Fil-A’s version is only sold for a limited time, you can make this peppermint milkshake recipe all year long!
- It’s easy: With just a few basic ingredients you can make them at home any time the craving hits.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can use milk or dark chocolate)
- White chocolate chips
- Peppermint extract
- Whole milk
- Whipped cream for topping
- Maraschino cherries for topping
How to Make a Copycat Chick Fil A Peppermint Shake
Step 1: Scoop the ice cream to your blender.
Step 2: Add the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
Step 3: Add the crushed mints and peppermint flavoring.
Tip: To make crushing the candy easier, add the candy to a sealed plastic bag and beat them with a rolling pin.
Step 4: Pour milk over the top.
Step 5: Blend the mixture until smooth. If needed, you can add more milk for a thinner consistency, or more ice cream for a thicker shake.
Step 6: Pour your shake into a glass and top it with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Chick-fil-a Peppermint Shake Tips & Tricks
- Ice cream: Make this already simple recipe even quicker and easier by starting with peppermint ice cream, rather than the creamy vanilla ice cream and peppermint extract. You can also use crushed peppermint bark in place of the chocolate chips and candy cane pieces.
- Milkshake consistency: If your milkshake seems a little too thick, add more milk. If the milkshake is too thin, add more ice cream to thicken it up.
- Toppings and drizzles: Drizzle some chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass before pouring in the shake to give it some delicious chocolate peppermint flavor. You can add more crushed candy, chips of peppermint bark or holiday sprinkles to the top.
- Flavor: The best way to produce the perfect peppermint flavor is with pure peppermint extract rather than imitation. Also avoid buying the plain mint extract. The plain mint is usually spearmint, which won’t produce the correct flavor.
- Boozy: One of my favorite things about this shake is that you can make it a boozy holiday drink just by adding some delicious peppermint schnapps!
Frequently Asked Questions
This sweet treat is best consumed immediately after you make it, but you can freeze it for up to 24 hours. Cover your glass with plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer. Then, just allow the shake to thaw slightly and stir well before drinking.
They use a soft serve ice cream to make their shakes. This gives them a super smooth and creamy texture. But you get similar results with a good blender and quality ice cream.
You can always just use a tall drinking glass. A tall mason jar is fun and old fashioned way to serve these shakes.
More Holiday Treats
- Peppermint Ice Cream with White Chocolate
- Christmas Mint Candy
- White Chocolate Christmas Chex Mix
- Vanilla Spiced Eggnog
- Peppermint Oreo Pops
Copycat Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake
- Add ice cream to your blender.2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Add the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, crushed mints and peppermint extract.2 tbsp. Semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 tbsp. White chocolate chips, 2 tbsp. Crushed peppermint candies, ⅛ tsp. Peppermint extract
- Pour in the milk.½ cup Whole milk
- Blend the mixture until smooth. If needed, you can add more milk for a thinner consistency, or more ice cream for a thicker shake.
- Pour your shake into a glass and top it with whipped cream. Place a maraschino cherry on top of the whipped cream.Whipped cream for topping, Maraschino cherries for topping
- Make it a boozy shake with a little Peppermint Schnapps.
- This recipe makes one large serving or two smaller ones.