This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Add this no bake peppermint pie recipe to your holiday season recipe collection and you’ll be invited to all the Christmas celebrations! With a cool and delicious peppermint flavor and a pretty candy cane garnish, this no bake dessert is a perfect fit for a festive holiday party.
It’s that time of year and we’re all about the peppermint recipes for the holidays, from Peppermint Oreo Pops to a Peppermint White Chocolate Martini! Now we’ve got a new favorite, this delicious peppermint pie. Not only is it incredibly easy but it’s the perfect holiday dessert and will impress your guests for sure!
White chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and peppermint extract makes up the sweet, creamy peppermint filling, which pairs perfectly with a crunchy cookie crust. Garnished with a border of whipped cream swirls and crushed candy cane pieces, this pie looks as good as it tastes.
With just a few ingredients and no baking required, this is perfect for when you need to whip up something quick for a holiday party or potluck dessert table.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Perfect for the Holidays – The classic holiday peppermint flavor of the creamy filling and the festive candy cane garnish make this delicious pie an ideal treat for your holiday party dessert table.
It’s Easy – No baking or food processor required – this easy dessert uses a store-bought Oreo crust and just a few simple ingredients, so it comes together in minutes.
It’s Versatile – You can use this base recipe with different shades of food coloring and flavors of extract and pudding to create lots of delicious no bake pies for different occasions.
- Chocolate Oreo cookie crust (store bought)
- White chocolate instant pudding mix
- Peppermint extract
- Cool Whip, divided (you can also use homemade whipped cream)
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Red food coloring
How to Make No Bake Peppermint Pie
Step 1: Whisk together the pudding mixes and milk in a large bowl until they are well combined and stiff peaks start to form.
Step 2: Add the peppermint extract and whisk to combine.
Step 3: Add a generous amount of red food coloring and whisk until there are no streaks remaining.
Step 4: Add about 1 cup of the whipped topping to the pudding mixture and whisk to combine. If needed, add a bit more of the red food coloring to get the pie to your desired shade.
Step 5: Pour pie filling into the chocolate crust. Cover and place pie in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
Step 6: Before serving, place the remaining whipped topping in a piping bag fitted with a 1M open star tip. Pipe it in single squeezes all the way around the outer edge of the pie.
Step 7: Sprinkle crushed candy canes or peppermint candy inside of your whipped topping border. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have a piping bag and tip, you can simply spread the whipped topping all over the pie and sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top. Just leave a small border around the edge so the pink color of the filling will still be visible.
- Try making a green version with either peppermint or spearmint extract and green food coloring. It will also look great with your holiday theme!
- Place mini candy canes or peppermint chocolate sandwich cookies on top of the pie for more minty flavor. You can usually find peppermint Oreos this time of year, or you can use peppermint Joe-Joe’s cookies from Trader Joes.
- The easiest way to crush your candy canes is by placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
How Do I Store Peppermint Pie?
Keep your pie refrigerated and covered with a lid or plastic wrap. It should keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. For best results, don’t let it sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. It should be refrigerated until just before serving.
More Holiday Treats
- Easy Christmas Truffles
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Christmas Poke Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Bites
No Bake Peppermint Pie Recipe
- Whisk together the pudding mixes and milk in a large mixing bowl until they are well combined and stiff peaks start to form.2 boxes white chocolate instant pudding mix, 2 cups milk
- Add the peppermint extract and whisk to combine.½ tsp. Peppermint extract
- Add a generous amount of red food coloring and whisk until there are no streaks remaining.Red food coloring
- Add about 1 cup of the whipped topping to the pudding mixture and whisk to combine. If needed, add a bit more of the red food coloring to get the pie to your desired shade.8 ounces Whipped topping
- Pour pie filling into the Oreo crust. Cover and place pie in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.1 Chocolate Oreo Crust
- Before serving, place the remaining whipped topping in a piping bag fitted with a 1M open star tip, then pipe it in single squeezes all the way around the outer edge of the pie.8 ounces Whipped topping
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes or peppermint candy inside of your whipped topping border. Enjoy!2-3 candy canes