This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy meatball sliders are a like a hearty Italian meatball sub in a cute appetizer-sized package. They’re a delicious snack that’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next party.
Is there anyone who doesn’t love meatball subs? The zesty marinara sauce, melty cheese, hearty Italian meatballs, and crusty bread make for a delicious and satisfying treat that’s always a crowd pleaser. These easy Italian meatball sliders have all of that in a perfect mini size that’s great for parties!
Pre-cooked frozen meatballs and Hawaiian sweet rolls are the key ingredients in this delicious dish – they’re the perfect size for sliders, and it’s easy to bake a whole tray at once. Add your favorite marinara or pasta sauce and plenty of mozzarella cheese, then brush herb-infused butter on top for a perfect crispy bun infused with tons of flavor.
This recipe is always a huge hit at holiday events or super bowl and game day parties, but it’s also perfect for weeknight dinners that the whole family will enjoy. If you love hearty Italian food, you’ll definitely want to give this easy and versatile recipe a try.
💖Why We Love This Recipe
Great for Parties – Sliders are a great way to provide a filling snack for a party without spending tons of money on meat. Try these the next time you need the perfect party appetizer.
Versatile – Change up the sauce, the type of meatball, or the cheese selection for all kinds of delicious variations on this slider recipe.
Use up your Leftovers – This will be one of your favorite easy dinner recipes when you have leftover meatballs and want to turn them into something fun.
- King’s Hawaiian rolls (or any kind of dinner rolls)
- Pre-cooked meatballs
- Pasta sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Melted butter
📖How to Make Easy Meatball Sliders
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Cut each of the 12 Hawaiian rolls in half. Place the bottom halves of the rolls into the pan.
Step 3: Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the bottom buns.
Step 4: Combine pasta sauce and meatballs in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low to medium heat for about 10 minutes, until warmed through.
Step 5: Remove from heat and place meatballs on the slider bottoms. You’ll want one meatball per roll.
Step 6: Spoon about 2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of each meatball.
Step 7: Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and a bit more pasta sauce over the meatballs. Discard any leftover sauce.
Step 8: Place the top buns on the sliders. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Brush the butter mixture on the tops of the slider buns.
Step 9: Bake for 10 minutes, then tent the sliders with foil to avoid over
browning the tops. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Step 10: Use a knife to cut the rolls apart and serve.
Tips & Tricks
- Be careful not to add too much sauce to the tops of the meatballs or you could end up with soggy sliders. You won’t need to use all of the sauce.
- You can choose premade turkey meatballs or chicken meatballs for a leaner option or try a veggie version. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can also make homemade meatballs.
- For some fun variations on this recipe, try buffalo, teriyaki, or any other kind of sauce that you prefer in place of the marinara.
- Add some minced garlic or garlic powder to your melted butter to make a garlic butter sauce for the slider buns. For a little spice, throw in some crushed red pepper flakes. You can also replace the butter with olive oil.
How Do I Keep These Warm During the Party?
I like to put them on the buffet in a dish lined with aluminum foil. The foil will help contain the heat for as long as possible.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
If making these for a party, you can prep the rolls, heat the meatballs, and make the garlic butter in advance, but for best results, you’ll want to wait to assemble and bake these until right before you are ready to serve them. They taste especially delicious when served hot from the oven.
More Party Appetizers
- Baked Jalapeño Poppers
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- Fried Goat Cheese
- Easy Pizza Pinwheels
- Bacon Wrapped Sausage Bites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut each of the 12 Hawaiian rolls in half and place the bottom halves of the rolls into the pan.12 Hawaiian rolls
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the bottom buns.2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Combine pasta sauce and meatballs in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low to medium heat for about 10 minutes, until warmed through.12 pre-cooked meatballs, 2 cups pasta sauce
- Remove from heat and place meatballs on the slider bottoms (one meatball per roll).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of each meatball.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and a bit more pasta sauce over the meatballs. Discard any leftover sauce.
- Place the top buns on the sliders. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Brush the butter mixture on the tops of the slider buns.3 tbsp butter, ½ tbsp Italian seasoning, 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes, then tent the sliders with foil to avoid over browning the tops. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cut the rolls apart with a knife and serve.
- Be careful not to spoon too much sauce over the meatballs or you could end up with soggy sliders. You won’t use all of the sauce.