This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This fun Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip takes everyone’s favorite snack and turns it into a tasty party dip. Super easy to make and so delicious, this festive dip will be a hit at your next holiday party!
Table of Contents
Christmas Tree Snack Dip
Tis the season when all the irresistible holiday snacks begin to show up on grocery store shelves! That means Christmas time is right around the corner, and the latest delicious trend is this rich and decadent snack cake dip!
Desserts don’t get much easier than this. Just unwrap the cakes, mix with four other easy ingredients, add festive sprinkles, and you’re done. If you want more quick and easy recipes, you’ll love this cool and refreshing No Bake Peppermint Pie and these adorable No Bake Christmas Truffles!
Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s the perfect holiday dessert dip for a Christmas party, potluck, or just for a holiday movie night snack.
- This delicious cake dip is an easy dessert recipe that only requires five simple ingredients and some Christmas sprinkles for decoration.
- It’s a smooth and creamy dessert that pairs great with all your favorite dippable cookies, crackers, and fruit.
- Large Bowl (for mixing)
- Electric Mixer
- Spatula (for transferring the dip)
- Serving Bowl
- Christmas tree snack cakes (plus one extra for the top)
- Cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- Vanilla extract
- Cool whip
- Red and green sprinkles or sanding sugar for topping
How to Make Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
Step 1. Add the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer (or stand mixer) for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
Step 2. Next, add the cakes to the bowl with the beaten cream cheese.
Tip: When you add the cream cheese, make sure it has had time to soften so it will blend smoothly.
Step 3. Add vanilla extract, milk, and whipped topping.
Step 4. Mix all of the ingredients together until the dip turns smooth and creamy.
Step 5. Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and add the sprinkles or sanding sugar. Add an extra cake as a garnish.
Step 6. Cover with plastic wrap. Place your Christmas dip in the fridge and let it chill.
Step 7. Finally, place the holiday dip on a plate, surround it with dippers, and serve.
What Do I Serve With Christmas Cake Dip?
The great thing about this festive treat is you can serve it with so many of your favorite ready to serve dippers. These are some of our favorite things to serve with this easy dip:
- Cookies: We love to serve this dip with vanilla wafers or store-bought short bread cookies. Any of your favorite Christmas cookies, such as gingerbread cookies or ginger snaps will work great.
- Crackers: Regular or cinnamon sugar graham crackers are a popular choice. Animal crackers make perfect dippers for the little one’s hands. If you like a sweet and salty combo, pretzels are a good choice.
- Fresh fruit: You can serve this dip with your favorite fresh fruits. Strawberries and sliced apples are always a hit, and the slight tartness of the fruit works well with the sweetness in the dip.
If you’ve never had one of these Little Debbie snack cakes, you’ve been missing out! These seasonal snack cakes are made up of two layers of soft sponge cake with a cream filling. Shaped like a holiday tree, they’re coated with white chocolate and decorated with red stripes and green sanding sugar.
Cover leftover dip with plastic wrap, or place it in an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for up to a couple of days.
You sure can! Holiday parties can take a lot of preparation so to make things easier, you can make this snack cake dip up to 3-4 days ahead of time. Cover the dip with plastic wrap to keep it fresh. For best results, wait until right before serving to add the holiday sprinkles, to prevent the colors from running.
Substitutions And Variations
- You can make this dip recipe any time of the year, even when the holiday snacks are gone. Zebra cakes and birthday cakes are available all year round and work perfectly with this recipe. You can change up the sprinkles to match the holiday or occasion you’re celebrating.
- We used vanilla snack cakes, but if you have chocolate fans in your house, you can swap them out for the chocolate Christmas tree cakes. Add some chocolate chips to give the dip a little crunch.
- Try swapping out the vanilla extract with a little bit of peppermint extract or almond extract.
- This dip will have little bits of the little Debbie cakes in it. If you want the texture of the dip to to be a little smoother, blend all the ingredients in a your food processor instead of using a hand mixer.
- Feel free to add chopped pecan or walnuts to this dip recipe.
Want More Delicious Christmas Dessert Ideas?
If you liked this sweet dessert dip, you may want to try some of these fun Christmas recipes too!
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Mint Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Christmas Poke Cake
- Vanilla Spiced Eggnog
- Christmas Candy Cupcakes
- Holiday Party Mix
- Candy Cane Inspired Mini Cheesecakes
- Peppermint Ice Cream with White Chocolate
Find More On Facebook!
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
- Add softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer (or stand mixer) for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.8 ounces cream cheese
- Next, add the Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes to the bowl with the beaten cream cheese.5 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Snack Cakes
- Add vanilla extract, milk and Cool Whip.1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ cup milk, 16 oz. Cool Whip
- Mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with red and green sprinkles. Finally, add an extra Christmas tree cake for a garnish.Red and green sugar sprinkles for topping
- Place your dip in the fridge to chill. Finally, place the dip on a plate, surround with dippers and serve.