This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This decadent Oreo Brownie Trifle recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream. It’s an easy yet incredibly indulgent dessert that will satisfy your chocolate cravings and impress your party guests.
When you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing dessert, you can’t go wrong with a trifle. There are so many layers of texture and flavor, and it looks so pretty on your party table too. This Fresh Berry Trifle is always a hit but if you’re in the mood for chocolate, we’ve got just what you need!
This Oreo brownie trifle is one of our favorite varieties yet. It combines two of our favorite chocolate treats with layers of rich chocolate pudding and creamy whipped topping. You can even change the type of cookies, the pudding flavor, or the kind of brownie to make all kinds of variations on this treat
Perfect for holiday parties and potlucks, this recipe also works as individual mini trifles. Try this Oreo brownie trifle when you want an easy and delicious dessert that will add plenty of elegance to any event.
Why We Love This Recipe
Impressive – This Oreo trifle makes a great impressive-looking centerpiece on any party table, and the rich chocolate flavor is sure to wow your guests.
Easy – Boxed brownie mix, frozen whipped topping, and instant pudding mix let you take some shortcuts, making this decadent dessert incredibly simple to prepare.
Great for Chocolate Lovers – With creamy chocolate pudding, rich chocolate brownies, and chocolate Oreo cookies, this treat is perfect for the chocolate dessert lovers in your life.
- Brownie mix + ingredients from the back of box (water, eggs, oil)
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Cool whip, divided
- Oreo cookies, crushed
How to Make an Oreo Brownie Trifle
Step 1: Prepare the brownies according to box directions. Allow them to cool completely and cut into small squares.
Step 2: Whisk together chocolate pudding mixes and milk In a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Add ¼ of the Cool Whip (about 4 ounces) to the pudding mixture and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Step 4: To assemble the trifle, place half of the brownies in an even layer on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Sprinkle ⅓ of the crushed Oreos over top of the brownies.
Step 5: Spoon about half of the pudding over the Oreo cookies and brownie pieces and smooth out evenly. Add half of the remaining Cool Whip, smoothing it over the pudding layer.
Step 6: Add one last layer of brownies over the Cool Whip layer and sprinkle another ⅓ of the Oreos over top of the brownies.
Step 7: Add the rest of the pudding. Top the pudding with the remaining Cool Whip, smoothing out each layer.
Step 8: Sprinkle the remaining cookies over the top of the pudding layer and your Oreo dessert is ready to serve!
Tips & Tricks
- If you prefer a less intense chocolate flavor, you can use vanilla pudding in place of the chocolate. You can also use Golden Oreos or any favorite Oreo variety instead of the regular Oreos.
- If making this chocolate trifle for a dinner party or smaller event, you can make individual servings in small dessert cups, rather than using a large bowl.
- Save time by using store-bought brownies instead of making them from a boxed mix. You can also make them from scratch if you have a favorite recipe.
How Do I Store Oreo Brownie Trifle?
Place your leftover trifle in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
What Kind of Brownie Mix Should I Use?
I like to use Ghirardelli brownie mix for its rich chocolate flavor and moist texture, but feel free to use any kind that you prefer. Just be sure to get an unfrosted variety, since the trifle will already have enough moisture from the pudding and whipped topping.
Can I Use Whipping Cream Instead Of Cool Whip
I don’t recommend swapping out the two. Real whipped cream is not as thick and will begin to melt pretty quickly.
More Easy And Delicious Chocolate Desserts
If you liked this Oreo Trifle recipe, you’ll want to check out these yummy chocolate treats too!
- Chocolate Poke Cake
- Dark Chocolate Brownie Balls
- Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Oreo Brownie Trifle
- 1 box brownie mix 18.3 ounce size
- 2 tablespoons water** If ingredients listed on brownie mix box are different, follow the box instructions
- 2 eggs** If ingredients listed on brownie mix box are different, follow the box instructions
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil** If ingredients listed on brownie mix box are different, follow the box instructions
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix 3.9 ounce size
- 3 cups milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip divided
- 1 package Oreos 13.29 ounce size
- Prepare the brownies according to box directions. Allow them to cool completely and cut into small squares.1 box brownie mix, 2 tablespoons water**, 1/2 cup vegetable oil**, 2 eggs**
- Whisk together chocolate pudding mixes and milk In a large mixing bowl.2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix, 3 cups milk
- Add ¼ of the Cool Whip (about 4 ounces) to the pudding mixture and whisk to combine. Set aside.16 ounces Cool Whip
- To assemble the trifle, place half of the brownies in an even layer on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Sprinkle ⅓ of the crushed Oreos over top of the brownies.1 package Oreos
- Spoon about ½ of the pudding over the Oreo cookies and brownies and smooth out evenly. Add half of the remaining Cool Whip, smoothing it over the pudding layer.
- Crumble the remaining brownies over the Cool Whip layer and sprinkle another ⅓ of the Oreos over top of the brownies.
- Add the rest of the pudding followed by the remaining Cool Whip, smoothing out each layer.