This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These decadent Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars are a brownie lovers dream! With a layer of Oreos baked right in, this drool-worthy chocolate dessert is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
When you combine delicious fudgy brownies with vanilla frosting and Oreo cookies, you know the result is going to be a hit, and these Oreo brownies are every bit as good as they sound.
Start with your favorite boxed brownie mix, prepared according to the package directions and bake atop a layer of Oreo cookies. Finally, frost with creamy vanilla icing and top with crushed Oreos.
Rich and creamy with tons of chocolate flavor, this delicious dessert is perfect for just about any occasion from a picnic to a fancy dinner. Because they’re so quick and easy, you might as well make a double batch – these rarely last long!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Versatile – There are lots of different ways to change the ingredients to suit your taste and create your own recipe version. Try a strawberry frosting or go with chocolate frosting and use golden Oreo cookies. You can also swap the chocolate chips for white chocolate or peanut butter chips – the possibilities are endless!
Makes a Good Dessert Even Better – Brownies are delicious on their own, of course, but this easy dessert recipe provides a fun way to make this classic dessert even more delicious! I mean, who doesn’t love Oreos, right?
Great for Parties and Bake Sales – These sweet treats are easy and quick, so they’re perfect when you need to make a large batch for an event like a party or a bake sale. Plus, they’re just way more fun than regular brownies!
- Oreo Cookies – You can’t make Oreo brownie bars without them!
- Boxed Brownie Mix – You’ll also need the ingredients listed on the box*
- Chocolate Chips – For even more chocolatey goodness
- White Icing – Adds yet another layer of sweetness and holds the crushed Oreo cookies to the top of the bars
*If you use Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix, you’ll need eggs, vegetable oil and water
How to Make Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8×8 inch pan or baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box. Stir the chocolate chips into the brownie batter.
Step 3: Place 16 of the Oreo cookies in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Crush the remaining cookies.
Step 4: Pour brownie batter in an even layer on top of the Oreo layer. Bake in the preheated oven as directed on the box instructions.
Step 5: Allow the brownies to cool completely. Spread the icing over the top of the brownies, making sure the whole pan is covered.
Step 6: Sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookies over the icing.
Step 7: Cut brownies into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- You can use any kind of brownie mix you like for this recipe, or if you’re an overachiever, you can use your favorite brownie recipe and make your own homemade brownies.
- Regular Oreos tend to work best for these dessert bars. You can change the cookie flavor to suit your preference, but as far as the amount of creme filling goes, the original cookie seems to be just right for this and looks a bit nicer than thin or double stuff Oreos.
- When serving these, I like to stack them on a plate or cake tier. The Oreo layer is only visible from the sides and really adds to the visual appeal, so I always make sure to remove them from the pan before serving.
- If you really want to satisfy your sweet tooth, you can make an Oreo brownie Sundae. Serve these brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some hot fudge on top. It doesn’t get much more decadent that that!
It’s best to store these at room temperature to prevent them from drying out. Place them in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap.
Can I Freeze Them?
Yes, you can! If you don’t plan to eat these within a few days, we recommend storing them in the freezer in an airtight container. They should keep for up to 4 months when frozen.
More Of Our Favorite Oreo Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8×8 inch pan or baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box. Stir the chocolate chips into the brownie batter.1 box Brownie mix & ingredients listed on box, 1 cup Chocolate chips
- Place 16 Oreo cookies in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Crush the remaining cookies.15 Oreo cookies
- Pour the brownie mixture in an even layer on top of the Oreo layer. Bake in the preheated oven as directed on the box instructions.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely, then spread the icing over the top of the brownies, making sure the whole pan is covered.16 ounces Vanilla icing
- Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies over the icing.
- Cut brownies into squares and serve. Enjoy!