This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These delicious pizza pinwheels are an easy recipe that are a hit every time! Made with freshly baked pizza dough and all your favorite pizza toppings, it’s perfect for snacktime, dinner and even parties.
Looking for a great idea for your routine school snack, or maybe a fun way to bring the family together for dinner? This easy pizza pinwheels recipe is a guaranteed winner for your table!
One thing I’m always looking for are easy appetizer recipes. I have my favorites like, jalapeno poppers and my always popular sausage dip but these pizza rolls are so good, I’m making them a permanent part of the rotation! They totally had our taste buds dancing up a storm!
Not only that, they make for a perfect snack or main dish too. They’re great for pretty much any occasion!
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy: The best thing about this recipe isn’t just how good it tastes…it’s incredibly easy too! All you need are a few simple ingredients and you can whip up this fun pizza pinwheels recipe in minutes.
- Versatile: These make the perfect appetizer for casual dinner parties, game day parties, holiday gatherings or just a fun snack on a rainy day. Serve this for dinner and the kids will think you’re the best mom ever!
- Delicious: Endless combinations of favorite pizza toppings? Yes please! Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese…you name it, we’ll try it! Switch up the sauce, cheeses, and toppings to make it just the way you want it.
- Popular: Well… who doesn’t like pizza? I mean, pizza in any form is always an automatic win!
- Prepared pizza dough (or you can make homemade pizza dough)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- Fresh basil leaves (can substitute dry)
- Marinara sauce for dipping
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA PINWHEELS
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°
Step 2: On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a large rectangle. Use your hands to stretch and flatten it if you need to.
Step 3: Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly across the top.
Step 4: Top with pepperoni. Don’t be shy…go crazy if you want to!
Step 5: Roll dough lengthwise.
Step 6: Use a sharp knife, serrated is best, to slice the dough into pinwheels 1 1/2” thick.
Step 7: Place pinwheels on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil.
Step 9: Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until dough begins to turn golden brown.
Step 10: Serve warm and enjoy with marinara sauce or your sauce of choice!
Can you freeze pizza pinwheels?
Of course! For best results, let the pinwheels cool down first. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place in the freezer. These will stay good frozen for up to three months, so don’t be afraid to make a batch and keep them ready to go whenever!
When you are ready to enjoy them again, thaw them, unwrap the frozen pinwheels and reheat at 375° until cooked through. Then you can enjoy them all over again!
How long will these stay good?
The great thing about these pizza rolls is that they taste amazing in next-day lunches. They’ll stay good for up to three to four days in the fridge.
Tips And Tricks
Rolling the dough: Be sure to leave some space around the edges of the dough so that the edges can be easily sealed. Otherwise your ingredients may slip out.
Roll firmly: Loose pinwheels will fall apart so be sure to roll them tightly.
Cutting: A serrated knife works best when slicing the dough.
The great thing about this pizza pinwheel recipe is that you can change it up to make lots of delicious combinations!
Dough: Try using a puff pastry sheet or crescent roll dough. You can even make your own pizza dough from scratch.
Vegetarian version: While we love our pepperoni pizza pinwheels, you can totally skip the pepperoni and replace it with your favorite veggies instead. It’ll be just as delicious and it’s a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies.
Try with different cheeses or meat: Cheddar, Monterey Jack, brie…the list goes on! You can also substitute sausage, bacon or even proscuitto in place of pepperoni.
Dipping Sauces: Marinara not your thing? No problem! Try your pizza pinwheels with BBQ sauce, ranch, blue cheese, or buffalo sauce.
Easy Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
These easy pizza pinwheels are one of our favorite new recipes! Not only do they taste amazing but you can serve them for almost any occasion. Whether you want a great appetizer for a Super Bowl party or you're just making a quick lunch for the kids, this delicious recipe is always a hit!
- Pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Marinara or other dipping sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Lightly flour counter or cutting board. Roll dough into a long rectangle, using your hands to stretch and flatten it if necessary.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly across the top.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Roll dough lengthwise and seal the edges.
- Use a serrated knife to slice pinwheels 1 1/2” thick.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
When topping the dough, be sure to leave a little space around the edges so that you can seal the dough once you roll it.
Roll the dough tightly so your toppings don't fall out while you're slicing it.
Switch up the recipe with your favorite toppings and dipping sauces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
While the nutrition calculators are usually pretty accurate, the numbers seem to be off on this one. We are currently working to fix the problem and will update soon.
They take little time and make for an easy appetizer, perfect snack, or main dish.