This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These mouthwatering bacon wrapped meatballs make the perfect appetizer for any occasion. They’re an easy and delicious finger food for a football party but also great choice for cocktail parties too. Either way, this delicious bite size food is always a crowd pleaser!
This is the time of year that I’m always looking for easy appetizer recipes. Between my weekly ladies nights on Fridays, football parties and the upcoming holidays, I can never have too many choices.
My baked jalapeno poppers recipe has been the go-to for awhile but I may have just found a new favorite with these bacon wrapped meatballs.
Why We Love this Recipe
It’s impossible NOT to love this recipe! First of all, it’s super easy to make. Because you’re using frozen meatballs, you save a ton of prep time (and the best part is that nobody will even know the difference).
But the taste is what really makes these our favorite. You can’t beat the flavor combination of meatballs and bacon and the crispy bacon gives the meatballs a little extra crunch. If it were up to me, I’d just add bacon to everything!
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425° and place a wire rack over a large baking sheet.
Step 2: Cut bacon slices into thirds. Wrap a strip of bacon around each meatball.
Step 3: Place wrapped meatballs in a single layer on the wire rack.
Step 4: Place cooking sheet in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush on the BBQ sauce, then bake an additional 10 minutes.
Note: For a more low carb keto option, use sugar free BBQ sauce or leave the sauce off completely.
Step 5: Remove meatballs from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
This delicious meatball recipe couldn’t be much easier! It’s one of our new favorite finger foods!
What kind of meatballs should I use
Even though it has just a few ingredients, this recipe is pretty versatile. Change it up with a spicy meatball, spicy bacon or go in a totally different direction and use turkey bacon. You can even change up the type of sauce you use.
Can I make these ahead of time
Yes, you can make these ahead of time so that they’re ready when you want them! Cover the uncooked bbq bacon meatballs loosely with foil. Refrigerate until just before you plan to serve them, them pop ’em in the oven.
More Tasty Bacon Recipes
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- 28 ounces regular sized frozen meatballs
- 10 slices thick cut bacon cut into thirds
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 425° and place wire rack on a large baking sheet.
- Cut the slices of bacon into thirds. Wrap bacon strips around each meatball.28 ounces regular sized frozen meatballs, 10 slices thick cut bacon
- Place wrapped meatballs on the wire rack.
- Bake meatballs for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and brush on the BBQ sauce. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.1 cup barbecue sauce
- Remove meatballs from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Want more delicious party food and appetizers? Check out these posts…
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Meatball Appetizers for a Party
- Spinach Prosciutto and Mozzarella Triangles
- 7 Layer Dip Cups
- Fried Goat Cheese
- Sausage Puff Pastry With Peppers & Onions
- Sausage Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- Avocado Deviled Eggs With Bacon & Blue Cheese
- Easy Brie & Proscuitto Appetizer
- Phyllo Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Pickle Dip
Any chance of a crockpot edition?
That’s a great idea! I may just have to dust off my crockpot! 🙂
Lisa, this is obvious to me & most of your followers, but for some, you need to be specific about the size of the meatballs. Trust me, I speak from experience.
Thanks for the tip! These use the standard frozen meatballs, which are typically the same size. I do see where people might get them confused with jumbo sized though…I’ll edit the post to be sure nobody misunderstands 🙂