This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This festive 4th of July Charcuterie Board is an epic snack spread that’s sure to make your patriotic party pop! Filled with savory salami, cheese, fresh fruits, veggies and more, it’s a colorful display that’ll be the highlight of your Independence Day celebrations.
July 4th Charcuterie Board
There’s no better way to celebrate all things red, white, and blue than with this show-stopping 4th of July Charcuterie Board. With a delicious selection of vibrantly colored foods, it’s the perfect way to impress your guests by serving tasty appetizers in style.
Whether you’re hosting a big 4th of July bash, or just having a few friends and family over to set off fireworks, tasty snacks and treats are a must. And what better way to do that than with foods that represent the American flag? The best part is that even though it looks really impressive, this grazing board only takes minutes to prepare.
Why We Love This Idea
- Festive presentation: This festive Fourth of July Charcuterie board is filled with all the red, white, and blue foods we could fit. The patriotic theme is perfect for Independence Day, Labor Day and Memorial Day parties.
- Versatility: This charcuterie board idea can easily be customized. From the types of meats, cheeses, fresh fruits, dips, and even candies, you can swap them for any of your favorites.
- Easy to prepare: It only takes minutes to prepare this board or platter using simple ingredients you can get from any grocery store. It’s a great option for when you want a fabulous spread without having to spend too much time in the kitchen.
- Large serving board: You can use a large wooden cutting board or wooden tray or even a large serving platter. You want it to be big enough to hold the amount of food you’re serving.
- Small plates: Using plates with the same color scheme always make a great addition. Add them next to the board to make it easy for guests to serve themselves.
- Star cookie cutter: You’ll want a star cookie cutter to make star-shaped cheese. You can use them to cut fruits such as watermelon into a star shape too. You can use several different sizes to add more variety.
- Small bowls: Little red, white or blue bowls are the best way to serve dips, spreads or smaller items like little candies, or olives or nuts.
- Cheese knives: Cheese knives are perfect for spreading serve soft or semi-hard cheeses.
- July 4th toothpicks or skewers: American flag toothpicks or colored skewers are a good idea for serving bite-sized pieces of fruit, cubes of cheese or other small bites.
- Genoa Salami (or other Italian meat)
- Monterey Jack cheese (or other hard, white cheeses), sliced and cut into stars
- Red bell peppers, sliced
- Grape tomatoes
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Red and blue M&M candy
- Sour cream veggie dip
- Fruit dip (homemade or store bought)
- Blue tortilla chips
How to Create a Patriotic Charcuterie Board
Step 1. Start building your board by adding small bowls filled with the veggie and fruit dips. Once you place those on the board, build the other ingredients around them. For extra color, you can add patriotic sprinkles to the top of the fruit dip.
NOTE: You can use store-bought dips or make one of these amazing Charcuterie Board Dips.
Step 2. Fold salami and place it up against the dips on opposite sides.
Step 3. Start filling the board with the veggies and chips on the veggie dip side of the board, and fruit on the fruit side of the board.
Step 4. Add candy, then place the cheese star cutouts around the board. You can move things around to help balance out the board.
To be sure your 4th of July board is the hit of the party, you’ll want to use red, white, and blue color themed foods. The possibilities are endless and here are some other great options to consider:
- Blue ingredients: We used blueberries and blue corn chips, but you can also use blackberries. Or for another great way to add a pop of blue to the board, swap out the M&M’s for blue gummies, jellybeans, or other blue candy.
- Red ingredients: Raspberries, watermelon cubes or dried cranberries are always awesome choices. Some other great ideas for red foods are red salsa for the chips, red licorice twists or twizzlers, red gummy worms, Red Hot Cinnamon Candies or Swedish fish.
- White ingredients: White foods don’t have to be boring. Brie cheese, white cheddar cheese and mozzarella balls are a good choice for snack boards. Other white food options are cauliflower florets, white yogurt covered pretzels, and white chocolate covered nuts. These fun star-shaped crackers fit the theme too!
Though it’s best to assemble right before serving, you can definitely start preparing this the day before. Prepare the dips, fruits and veggies, then store them in airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Then just arrange them on the tray when you’re ready to serve.
This board has perishable foods on it that shouldn’t be left at room temperature for more than two hours. If you’re serving it outside on a hot summer day, you may want to use a metal serving tray placed over another tray of ice. This will keep the meat and dips fresh longer.
For more 4th of July themed Charcuterie Board ideas, check out this collection of 15+ Festive 4th of July Charcuterie Boards.
Want More Creative Charcuterie Board Ideas?
- Taco Charcuterie Board
- Easter Bunny Charcuterie Board
- Easter Charcuterie Board
- S’mores Charcuterie Board
- Unicorn Charcuterie Board
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- Candy Cane Charcuterie Board
4th Of July Charcuterie Board
- Sour cream veggie dip homemade or store bought
- Fruit dip homemade or store bought
- 4 ounces Uncured Genoa Salami
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 2 pints Fresh blueberries
- Blue tortilla chips
- ½ cup red and blue M&Ms
- 8-16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese or other hard, white cheese, sliced and cut into stars
- Start building your board by adding small bowls filled with the veggie and fruit dips. (You can use store-bought or make your own). Once you place those on the board, build the other ingredients around them. For extra color, you can add patriotic sprinkles to the top of the fruit dip.Sour cream veggie dip, Fruit dip
- Fold salami and place it up against the dips on opposite sides.4 ounces Uncured Genoa Salami
- Start filling the board with the veggies and chips on the veggie dip side of the board, and fruit on the fruit side of the board.2 red bell peppers, 10 ounces grape tomatoes, 2 pounds fresh strawberries, 2 pints Fresh blueberries, Blue tortilla chips
- Add candy and cheese star cutouts. You can move things around to help balance out the board.½ cup red and blue M&Ms, 8-16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese