This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Bahama Mama Jello shots are a fun twist on the traditional cocktail. Made with fruit juice and coconut rum, they’ll liven up your next party and make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation!
Table of Contents
The Best Coconut Rum Jello Shots
If you’re a big fan tropical cocktails like I am, you’ll love this recipe. With pineapple and orange flavors and a boozy kick from Malibu coconut rum, these Bahama Mama Jello shots are easy to make and full of flavor. The best part is that these fruity shots will make you feel like you’re in the Caribbean, even if it’s the middle of winter.
Like all Jello shots, these are super easy to make, and the combination of tropical flavors makes them just a bit fancier than an ordinary Jello shot. Perfect for your next party or gathering, this boozy shot is a delicious way to get the fun started.
The best part is that you can make these in advance. That way you can spend your time relaxing with your guests rather than mixing up fancy drinks. Whether it’s the middle of winter or you’re making summer jello shots for a pool party, this easy recipe is always a hit!
Why We Love This Recipe
Great for Parties – Nothing livens up a party like some great Jello shots. They’re boozy, fun, and way more delicious than regular shots.
Budget Friendly – You only need to buy one kind of alcohol for this shot and Jello is an inexpensive mixer. This recipe is a great way to keep your party crowd happy, even on a budget.
Make Ahead – You can make Jello shots hours (or even a few days) in advance, so there’s no last-minute rushing around to prepare cocktails when your guests arrive.
- Orange Jello
- Pineapple Jello
- Malibu coconut rum
- Whipped cream for topping
- Maraschino cherries for topping
How to Make Bahama Mama Jello Shots
Step 1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove the boiling water from the heat and whisk in the pineapple and orange Jello mix, stirring until the gelatin is dissolved.
Step 2. Add 1 cup of cold water.
Step 3. Add 1 cup Malibu rum and stir to combine.
Step 4. Divide the jello mixture evenly among your shot cups, then move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours.
Step 5: Garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry and your Jell-o shots are ready to serve!
Tips & Tricks
- Spray a little bit of coconut oil in the bottom of your shot cups to prevent them from sticking and make them easier to remove.
- Don’t add more alcohol than the recipe calls for. It may be tempting to make extra strong jello shots but too much alcohol will prevent your Jello from setting properly.
- If you don’t have Jello shot cups, you can use plastic shot glasses or condiment cups instead.
Store your shots covered in the refrigerator. I like to use the cups with lids, but if you don’t have those, you can place your shots in an airtight container. They’ll taste best if consumed within 1-2 days, but can last for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Sure – a classic Bahama Mama cocktail is made with coconut rum, but you could certainly use white rum or even vodka in this recipe and it would still be delicious.
More Delicious Jello Shot Recipes
If you loved the fruity flavor of this Bahama Mama Jello shot recipe, you’ll want to try these tropical jello shots too!
- Cherry Limeade Jello Shots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Jello Shots
- Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Pineapple Jello Shots
Bahama Mama Jello Shots
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove the boiling water from the heat and whisk in the orange and pineapple Jello, stirring until the gelatin is dissolved.3 cups water, 1 box orange jello, 1 box pineapple jello
- Add 1 cup of cold water.3 cups water
- Add 1 cup Malibu rum and stir to combine.1 cup Malibu coconut rum
- Divide the jello mixture evenly among your Jello shot cups, then move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry and your Jell-o shots are ready to serve!Whipped cream for topping, Maraschino cherries for topping