This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy turkey pasta bake is a simple and delicious meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Hearty, comforting, and filling, this casserole is everything you want in a family dinner recipe!
I love a good baked dish because it’s delicious, convenient, and easy – and this Turkey Pasta bake is all of those things and more.
Hearty roast turkey is shredded and mixed with creamy pasta, assorted veggies, and melty cheese for a warm and savory comfort food that your whole family will love. Parmesan and breadcrumbs are then mixed into the casserole and sprinkled on top to form that perfect golden brown crust on top that I think we can all agree is the best part of the dish.
The great thing about this easy recipe is that it’s basically foolproof…just mix everything together and bake. You can even make it in advance, so it’s ready to pop in the oven on those busy nights when you want a homemade meal but don’t have time to think about cooking.
Why We Love This Recipe
Make Ahead – This baked pasta dish is a great choice for a busy weeknight meal, since you can prepare it ahead of time. Cover it with aluminum foil, refrigerate, then pop it in the oven when you’re ready. It’s also a great option for potlucks or if you want to deliver a homecooked meal to help out a busy friend or neighbor.
Perfect For Winter – This baked pasta recipe is warm and comforting, full of meat, creamy pasta, and vegetables. It’s a perfect hearty dish to warm you up this time of year.
It’s Versatile – This turkey pasta casserole is a perfect way to use up some ingredients you have on hand. You can change the type of meat, the veggies, or the cheese, and it will still turn out great.
Nutritious and Delicious – Go ahead and toss in some extra veggies. The cheesy and creamy sauce is so good that your kids won’t even notice that they’re getting tons of vitamins, fiber, and lean protein.
- Roasted turkey (shredded)
- Cooked pasta (or whole wheat pasta if you want extra fiber)
- Chicken broth or chicken stock
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Frozen vegetable mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan
- Lemon juice
How to Make Turkey Pasta Bake
Step 1: Heat oven to 360F. Place pasta and shredded turkey in a large bowl. Stir in vegetable mix and grated cheddar.
Step 2: Add the broth, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to your turkey and cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
Step 3: Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
Step 4: Combine breadcrumbs and grated parmesan in a separate bowl. Stir well.
Step 5: Top pasta with the breadcrumb mixture.
Step 6: Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake at 360 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley or fresh basil if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- Spray your baking dish with olive oil spray before adding the turkey mixture. It will make it easier to remove from the pan and prevent those burned bits on the bottom.
- You’ll want to make sure your pasta is al dente or even a bit undercooked when you mix it in. It’s going to cook again in the oven, so this will help ensure that it doesn’t get overcooked and dry out.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have the exact ingredients on hand. You can make a ground chicken or ground turkey pasta bake. You can use rice in place of the pasta, broccoli in place of the veggie mix, or mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar. Feel free to get creative!
How Do I Store Turkey Pasta Bake?
Store your leftover turkey pasta bake in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you started with freshly made turkey, your dish should keep for 2-4 days.
What Should I Serve with Turkey Pasta Bake?
I like to serve this with a simple salad and garlic bread or dinner rolls. You could also serve a side of extra veggies like broccoli or green beans. But since you’ve got protein, starch, veggies all in the main dish, this recipe can easily stand on its own.
What Else Can I Make With Leftover Turkey
This is such a great way to use up that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! If you’re looking for more ideas, try this Turkey Pumpkin Curry Soup or make one of these Chicken Casserole Recipes and just swap out the chicken for turkey.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Tuna Casserole
- 20 of the Best Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Meatless Baked Ziti
- Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers
Easy Turkey Pasta Bake
- Heat oven to 360F. Place pasta and shredded turkey in a large bowl. Stir in vegetable mix and grated cheddar.1 lb cooked pasta, 1/2 lb roasted turkey, 1 cup frozen vegetable mix, 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Add the broth, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to your turkey and cheese mixture, then mix everything thoroughly.1/3 cup broth, 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan.1/3 cup breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Top pasta with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake at 360 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley or fresh basil if desired.
- Spray baking dish with olive oil spray before adding the turkey mixture to make it easier to remove from the pan.
- The pasta should be al dente or even a bit undercooked when you mix it in. Since it’ll cook further in the oven, this helps to ensure that it won’t get overcooked.