This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Gingerbread Milkshake recipe is a creamy and indulgent treat with a classic holiday flavor. It’s the perfect addition to all your holiday celebrations.
Table of Contents
Gingerbread Milkshake Recipe
Part Christmas drink and part decadent dessert, this gingerbread milkshake is a treat that you’ll want to make all season long.
Crushed ginger cookies and warm spices are blended with creamy vanilla ice cream and milk to create this easy treat. Garnished with whipped cream, cinnamon, and a gingerbread man cookie, this shake is pretty and delicious enough to serve at any holiday party.
Always popular with kids, this treat can also be turned into a creamy cocktail for the adults with the simple addition of some vodka or rum. And it’s so easy to make that you can whip up a batch in minutes when you need a last-minute family dessert or party drink.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Perfect for the Holidays – The gingerbread flavor makes this a perfect festive treat to serve at holiday parties.
- Easy – The blender does all the work for this simple recipe! All you need to do is toss everything in and you can have this delicious treat ready in minutes.
- Versatile – Serve this as a family dessert or holiday movie night treat or make a big batch to serve at a party. You can even make a boozy version!
- Gingerbread or ginger snap cookies
- Vanilla ice cream
- Ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream for topping
- Gingerbread man cookies for topping
- Extra cinnamon for topping (optional)
How to Make Gingerbread Milkshakes
Step 1: Add the ginger snap cookies to your blender and pulse them into crumbs.
Step 2: Add ice cream, milk, and spices.
Step 3: Blend until smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Pour into two glasses and top with whipped cream, extra cinnamon, and a gingerbread cookie.
Tips & Tricks
- Ice cream quality makes a difference in this recipe. I’d recommend using a premium brand, as the higher fat content gives a creamier texture to your shake.
- If your shake is too thick, you can add extra milk to thin it out. For a thicker consistency, add more ice cream.
- Try using cinnamon or pumpkin ice cream in place of the plain vanilla. You can also top with a drizzle of caramel or add some red and green sprinkles if making this for a Christmas party.
These are best served immediately. If you have leftovers, you can put them in a container with a lid and place them in the freezer. But be aware that the texture of the shake may not be the same after it has been frozen and thawed.
Sure! Turn this treat into a creamy dessert cocktail by adding 2-3 oz of vanilla or whipped cream vodka. You may need to reduce the amount of milk slightly, as the additional liquid may thin out your shake.
Find More On Pinterest!
More Holiday Drinks
- Christmas Milkshake
- Vanilla Spiced Eggnog
- Peppermint Shots
- Vanilla Pomegranate Holiday Punch
- Pumpkin Martini
- Add the ginger snap cookies to your blender and pulse them into crumbs.½ cup ginger snap cookies
- Add ice cream, milk, and spices.4 cups vanilla ice cream, 1 ½ cups milk, ½ tsp. Ground ginger, ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and top with whipped cream, extra cinnamon, and a gingerbread man cookie.Whipped cream for topping, Gingerman Cookies for topping