This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Halloween Jello shot syringes are a clever and fun way to serve delicious cherry Jello shots for Halloween. With their “bloody” bright red color and unique syringe delivery method, this is one treat that all your party guests will want to try!
Now, with Halloween just around the corner, I decided to give Jello shot syringes a try! These unique Jello shots are a great way to liven up a party any time of year but what could be better than Halloween Jello shots syringes?!
This bright red version is made with cherry Jello and vodka, and it’s perfect for your next Halloween party. The novelty of these unique and creative shots practically guarantees that they’ll be the most popular treat at the party. Be sure to make lots of these, because they never last long!
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Unique – No plastic cups needed – the unique syringe delivery method is what makes this recipe special. These shots are super fun and a great addition to any party.
Make a Kid-Friendly Version – You can make a non-alcoholic version of these by simply omitting the vodka and preparing the Jello according to the package directions. Kids will go nuts for this fun and playful way to eat Jello.
Easy to Eat – The only downside to traditional Jello shots is how awkward it can be to get the Jello out of the cups. One of the best things about syringe Jello shots is that they release the Jello easily with no mess.
- Cherry Jello mix (you can also use strawberry Jello) – the base for your shots.
- Water, divided – dissolves the Jello and helps it to set.
- Vodka – adds the boozy fun!
- Syringes for Jello shots – the fun delivery method for your shots.
How to Make Halloween Jello Shot Syringes
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cherry Jello powder, stirring until the mix is completely dissolved.
Step 2: Add one cup of cold water to the Jello mixture.
Step 3: Add one cup vodka. Whisk to combine.
Step 4: Fill the plastic syringes with the Jello mixture and place them on a plate or cookie sheet. Put the Jello syringes in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3-4 hours or until the Jello is set.
Tips & Tricks
- You can reuse the syringes – just be sure to wash them thoroughly using a fine bristle brush or buy the dishwasher-safe kind and put them in the dishwasher.
- Try some different colors for these shots. The red Jello is a fun choice for Halloween since they look like bloody syringes, but orange, green, and purple would all be great too.
- Be careful not to add too much alcohol, as this could prevent your shots from setting properly.
What Kind of Syringes Should I Get?
You’ll want to get syringes that are specifically made for drink and dessert recipes. Look for products that are labeled food grade or food safe. We found our syringes on Amazon.
How Do I Store Jello Shot Syringes?
Keep them refrigerated and they should last 3-5 days, similar to any other kind of Jello shot.
More Jello Shot Fun
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots
- Green Apple Fireball Jello Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Margarita Jello Shots
Halloween Jello Shot Syringes
- 2 boxes cherry jello 3 ounce size
- 3 cups water divided
- 1 cup vodka
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cherry Jello powder, stirring until the mix is completely dissolved.2 boxes cherry jello, 3 cups water
- Add one cup of cold water to the Jello mixture.3 cups water
- Add one cup vodka and whisk to combine.1 cup vodka
- Fill the plastic syringes with the Jello mixture and place them on a plate or cookie sheet. Put the Jello syringes in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3-4 hours or until the Jello is set.
- Feel free to substitute your favorite liquor in place of vodka.
- Change up the flavor of Jello to make green (Lime Jello) and purple (Grape Jello) syringe shots for Halloween.