This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Christmas milkshake is a festive holiday drink that looks as good as it tastes. With its creamy texture and the delicious flavors of your favorite holiday cookies, this pretty green milkshake will be the perfect accompaniment to all your holiday fun!
Everyone loves a creamy milkshake, and this Christmas version is a fun and delicious twist on the classic dessert drink. Blue Bell Christmas cookie ice cream is the star ingredient in this recipe, and if you’ve never tried it, you’re in for a treat! It’s a sugar cookie flavored ice cream with crumbled chocolate chip, snickerdoodle and sugar cookies, as well as red sprinkles and green icing.
With only a few ingredients, this Christmas milkshake is super quick and easy. Make it for a Christmas movie night or party, or surprise the family with a special holiday dessert. It’s more delicious than anything you can get at a restaurant, and one of the best ways to enjoy all of your favorite holiday flavors in one festive drink!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy – With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this fun holiday treat ready in minutes.
Perfect for the Holidays – With a festive look and rich creamy taste, this is one of our favorite holiday-inspired milkshake recipes. It’s the perfect indulgent dessert to serve this time of year.
Great for Parties – This easy recipe would make a great addition to a holiday party since it doubles as a drink and a dessert. You can even make it into a festive cocktail by adding your favorite liqueur.
- Blue Bell Christmas Cookie ice cream
- Green gel food coloring
- Whipped cream for topping
- Funfetti red Christmas frosting for the rim
- Holiday sprinkles for the rim and topping
📖How to Make Christmas Milkshakes
Step 1: Rim your milkshake glass by adding a small layer of frosting to the edge of the rim. Dip the rim in holiday sprinkles.
Step 2: Add the ice cream to your blender.
Step 3: Pour in the milk and food coloring and blend the mixture until smooth. If you’d like a brighter green color, you can add additional green food coloring and blend until your milkshake reaches the desired shade.
Step 4: Add the milkshake to your glass, and then top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Tips & Tricks
- If you can’t find Bluebell Christmas Cookie ice cream, try mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, or even plain vanilla. You can also add chocolate chips, Christmas cookies, crushed candy canes, or other mix-ins.
- Give this shake even more Christmas flavor by using creamy vanilla ice cream and adding just a touch of peppermint extract.
- If your milkshake is too thick, add more milk to thin it out. If it’s too thin, you can add a bit more ice cream.
- Add a little bit of alcohol to make a fun, boozy version! You can choose any favorite variety, but amaretto, Irish cream, or coffee liqueur would all be delicious.
Milkshakes always taste best immediately after they are made, but if you have leftovers, you can freeze them for up to 24 hours. Just keep in mind that the texture won’t be exactly the same after it has been frozen and thawed. I’d also recommend covering your shake glass with plastic wrap before putting it in the freezer.
More Holiday Drinks
- Grinch Punch (non-alcoholic)
- Vanilla Spiced Eggnog (non-alcoholic)
- Peppermint Milkshake
- Poinsettia Champagne Cocktail
- Grinch Jello Shots
- 25+ Of The Best Christmas Cocktails
- Rim your milkshake glass by adding a small layer of frosting to the edge of the rim, then dipping the rim in holiday sprinkles.2 tbsp Funfetti red Christmas frosting, 2 tbsp Christmas sprinkles
- Scoop ice cream into your blender.4 cups Blue Bell Christmas Cookie Ice Cream
- Pour in the milk and food coloring and blend until smooth. If you'd like your milkshake to be a brighter green, add green food coloring and blend until you have the desired shade.½ cup milk, ½ tsp Green gel food coloring
- Add the milkshake to your glass, and then top with whipped cream and sprinkles.4 tbsp Whipped cream
- If you don’t have Funfetti frosting, just stir a little red food coloring into vanilla frosting.
- Turn this into a full on freak shake by loading it up with whipped cream and sprinkles, then have a bunch of Christmas cookies poking out of the whipped cream. Don’t forget to add some colorful straws and a maraschino cherry!