This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This peppermint shot recipe couldn’t be more perfect for the holiday season. With a rich creamy peppermint taste and a pretty holiday look, these delicious treats are sure to be the star of your next Christmas party.
It’s the perfect time of year for peppermint desserts and cocktail recipes and these peppermint shots fit perfectly into both categories. Even better, it just takes a few ingredients to create this sweet and creamy treat with a cool and delicious holiday peppermint flavor.
Like most of our favorite party recipes, including this White Chocolate Peppermint Martini, this one is also easy – there’s no blender or cocktail shaker needed! These little shots pack a punch, but they’re so smooth and delicious that they go down easily (maybe even a little too easily, so be sure to pace yourself)!
These festive peppermint shots will get this year’s holiday party started off with some delicious and boozy holiday fun. Once you try it, you’ll want to give this recipe a permanent spot on your holiday cocktail list!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect for the Holidays – The creamy peppermint flavor and fun candy garnish make this the ideal shot for any holiday party.
It’s Easy – This recipe is so easy that you don’t even need to a cocktail shaker. Simply pour all your ingredients into a shot glass and you’re done!
Tastes Like Dessert – Thanks to the addition of half and half and white chocolate liqueur, this shot is rich and creamy with a delicious, sweet taste. It’s both a drink and a dessert in one treat!
- Whipped cream vodka
- Peppermint schnapps or another mint liqueur
- White chocolate liqueur
- Half and half
- Corn syrup (for the rim)
- Crushed peppermints or candy canes (for the rim)
- Whipped cream (for topping)
📖How to Make Peppermint Shots
Step 1: To rim the shot glass, pour corn syrup onto a shallow plate or saucer. Place the crushed peppermint candies on another plate.
Step 2: Dip the rim of the glass into the corn syrup and then into the candy. Be sure that the entire rim is covered.
Step 3: Pour the vodka into your shot glass.
Step 4: Add the peppermint schnapps.
Step 5: Add the half and half.
Step 6: Finally, add the white chocolate liqueur.
Step 7: Garnish with whipped cream and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have whipped cream vodka, you can substitute vanilla, plain, or even chocolate vodka.
- Use Godiva dark chocolate liqueur instead of white chocolate if you want to make a chocolate peppermint version of this shot.
- Add some additional crushed peppermints, chocolate shavings, or holiday sprinkles on top of the whipped cream for an additional garnish. These would also be cute garnished with mini candy canes or a peppermint stick.
- Be sure to use real half and half or heavy whipping cream in this recipe. Milk won’t give you the same rich taste and creamy texture.
- If you prefer to savor these as a Christmas cocktail rather than a shot, you can serve them in a small martini or cocktail glass.
Sure – the best way to serve a crowd is to multiply the recipe and pour all of the ingredients into a small pitcher or cocktail shaker. Give it a quick stir and then pour into your shot glasses.
More Holiday Cocktails and Shots
- Cranberry Martinis
- S’more’s Cocktail Recipe
- Christmas Jello Shot Recipe
- Grinch Jello Shots
- Sugar Cookie Pudding Shots
- 12 Days of Christmas Cocktails
Peppermint Shot Recipe
- ½ ounce whipped cream vodka
- ½ ounce peppermint schnapps
- ½ ounce half and half
- ½ ounce white chocolate liqueur
- 1 tbsp corn syrup for the rim
- 2 tbsp crushed peppermints for the rim
- whipped cream for topping
- To rim the shot glass, pour the corn syrup onto a shallow plate or saucer and place the crushed peppermint candies on another plate.1 tbsp corn syrup for the rim, 2 tbsp crushed peppermints for the rim
- Dip the rim of the glass into the corn syrup and then into the candy, so that the entire rim is covered.
- Pour the vodka and peppermint schnapps into your shot glass.½ ounce whipped cream vodka, ½ ounce peppermint schnapps
- Add the half and half, then the white chocolate liqueur.½ ounce half and half, ½ ounce white chocolate liqueur
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.whipped cream for topping