This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want to learn how to make Harry Potter chocolate frogs for your next party or movie marathon? Little wizards will love these cute frogs and they’re so easy and delicious, you’ll wonder why you never made these sweet treats before now!
If you visit my blog regularly, you’ve probably already figured out that we are big Harry Potter fans! From making crafts to creating fun Harry Potter recipes, my girls and I can’t get enough.
The recipes are always pretty simple but nothing has been as easy as these chocolate frogs. When I say easy, I really mean it…you just need one ingredient! It doesn’t get any simpler than that!
What Is A Chocolate Frog
The famous chocolate frogs even come with collectible wizard cards. You may remember that Harry got the Albus Dumbledore card on his very first ride aboard the Hogwarts Express.
What makes them so much fun is that the frogs actually come to life. That means that if you have one, you’d better eat it quick if you want to get a taste before it hops away.
How To Make Chocolate Frogs From Harry Potter
The key to making this treat is easy. All you need is a bag of chocolate chips and chocolate frog molds. After that, you’re good to go!
Step 1: Pour a bag of milk chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
Step 2: Melt chocolate in microwave for 45 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon.
Step 3: Melt for another 30 seconds and stir again. If there are still small chunks, continue to melt in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Pour chocolate into the plastic mold, saving the remaining chocolate for the next batch. Tap the mold gently on the counter a few times to get rid of air bubbles.
Step 5: Refrigerate for about two hours to let the chocolate set. Keep chilled or in a cool, dry place until ready to serve.
These candy frogs are so much fun and they make the perfect chocolate treat for your wizard themed birthday party!
You can switch this recipe up with dark chocolate chips or even white ones. Just remember that with white chocolate, you’ll have to use a double boiler. For some reason, white chocolate just doesn’t work as well in the microwave.
How To Make Chocolate Frogs
- 1 11.5 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- Dark or white chocolate chips optional variation
- Pour a bag of chocolate chips into a large bowl. We used milk chocolate chips but you can also use dark chocolate.
- .Melt chocolate in microwave for 45 seconds, then stir.
- Melt for another 30 seconds and stir again. If there are still small chunks, continue to melt in 15 second increments until chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Pour chocolate into frog mold. Tap the mold gently on the counter a few times to get rid of air bubbles.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is solid, about two hours. Keep chilled or in a cool, dry place until ready to serve.
How fun are these delicious treats? If you’re looking for more fun Harry Potter party ideas, you’ll definitely want to check out this list:
Want more awesome Harry Potter ideas? Check out some of my other posts…
- Harry Potter Recipes
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
- Butterbeer Ice Cream
- Frozen Butterbeer
- Butterbeer Cupcakes
- Butterbeer Fudge
- Butterbeer Cookies
- Acid Pops
- Pumpkin Pasties
- Treacle Tarts
- Harry Potter Printable Coloring Pages
- Harry Potter Crafts For Kids
- Harry Potter Party Ideas
- Printable Harry Potter Banner
- Harry Potter Party Favor Ideas
- Best Gifts For Harry Potter Fans
- Harry Potter Goodie Bags
- Harry Potter Bingo
- DIY Harry Potter Wands
- Harry Potter Valentines
- Harry Potter Valentine Box
- Monster Book Of Monsters Valentine Box
- Harry Potter Pumpkin (no carve)
- Golden Snitch Pumpkin (no carve)
- Harry Potter Party Invitations
- Harry Potter Thank You Cards
- Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls
- Harry Potter Water Bottle Label
- What Not To Miss At The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Studio Tour London