This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This St. Patrick’s Day poke cake is a delicious and crowd-pleasing treat that’s all dressed up for St. Patty’s Day. With its pretty green color and festive sprinkles, this colorful cake is the perfect dessert for your holiday celebration!
We love poke cake recipes and have made everything from a Strawberry Poke Cake to a decadent Oreo Poke Cake. Poke cakes get their name from the holes that are poked into the cake after baking. A liquid, often liquid jello, is poured over top of the cake, soaking into the holes and giving it an irresistible moist texture and tons of flavor.
This St. Patrick’s Day poke cake uses a simple white cake mix and lime Jello to create a delicious cake with a fruity lime flavor and vibrant green color. Your party guests will love the moist texture and fruity flavor, and you won’t believe how easy it is to make.
This festive green cake is sure to be the star of any St. Patty’s Day party!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Festive – With its green swirls and green and gold sprinkles, this easy dessert is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your St. Patty’s Day party.
It’s Easy – This impressive looking cake uses a boxed cake mix and a few added ingredients to make an easy and delicious semi-homemade treat.
Great Leftovers – This cake is so moist and flavorful that it tastes just as good the next day!
- White cake mix plus ingredients on the back (water, vegetable oil, egg whites)
- Lime Jello
- Cool Whip (or fresh whipped cream)
- White chocolate instant pudding mix
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles
👩🏼🍳How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Poke Cake
Step 1: Prepare the cake batter according to box instructions.
Step 2: Pour the batter into a 13×9 inch baking pan and bake cake as directed, then place the baked cake on a wire rack. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
Step 3: Poke holes all over the top of the cake. We used the handle of a wooden spoon for this.
Step 4: Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, then remove it from the heat and whisk in the lime Jello mix. Add 1 cup of cold water and stir until the mix is completely dissolved.
Step 5: Pour Jello into the holes on top of the cake. Move the cake to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
Step 6: Whisk together Cool Whip and white chocolate pudding mix in a large bowl until well combined.
Step 7: Using a spatula or a knife, spread the whipped topping mixture over the top of the entire cake.
Step 8: Sprinkle the St. Paddy’s Day sprinkles over the top of the cake. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- The end of a wooden spoon is a great tool for creating the holes in your poke cake. You can also use a wooden skewer or a large fork.
- You can change the kind of Jello in this recipe to create all kinds of different flavors and colors of poke cake! You can also use vanilla pudding in place of the white chocolate.
- Save time by starting with a pre-made cake rather than using a mix. Or if you’re feeling ambitious, you can make your own cake from scratch.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. It should keep for 2-3 days.
You can! Prepare the cupcakes according to the package directions, the use a fork to poke holes in the cupcakes and spoon the Jello mixture over the top.
More St. Patty’s Day Treats
- St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallow Pops
- Leprechaun Hat Cookies
- Shamrock Punch
- St. Patrick’s Day Drinks Worth Celebrating
- St. Patrick’s Day Desserts
St. Patrick’s Day Poke Cake
- Prepare the cake batter according to package directions.1 box white cake mix
- Pour the batter into a 13×9 inch pan and bake as directed, then place the baked cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, then remove it from the heat and whisk in the lime Jello mix. Add 1 cup of cold water and stir until the mix is completely dissolved.1 box lime Jello, 2 cups water
- Pour Jello into the holes on top of the cake, then move the cake to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Whisk together Cool Whip and white chocolate pudding mix in a large bowl until well combined.1 box white chocolate instant pudding mix, 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Using a spatula or a knife, spread the whipped topping mixture over the top of the entire cake.
- Sprinkle the St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles on top of the cake.1/3 cup St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles