This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Moana coloring pages are the perfect Disney activities for keeping the kids entertained on a rainy day!
My girls and I get excited over a good Disney movie and Moana has quickly become one of our favorites! From the music to the story, movies don’t get much better than this. It’s an instant Disney classic!
It’s also the movie that turned me into a Dwayne Johnson (a.k.a. The Rock) fan!
Of course, some would say the real star of the show is Hei Hei the chicken. I mean, he is pretty entertaining, right?
He was definitely little Keira’s favorite character. After seeing the movie, we went to World of Disney and I told Keira she could pick out any toy (within reason, of course). Guess what she chose…
If you haven’t seen the movie yet, here’s a sneak peek:
I’ve even come across a few secrets you may not know…
Table of Contents
Moana Fun Facts:
- All the characters in “Moana” wear outfits made from materials that would have been around 2,000 years ago.
- Since Moana spends time underwater, filmmakers had to refine technology to create a wet look for Moana’s curly hair. They brought in volunteers with similar hairstyles to get dunked so they could capture the look.
- Heihei the chicken was originally smart and sassy but filmmakers didn’t feel like that was original enough. Some wanted to eliminate him from the movie altogether but a group of story team members came up with the idea to just lower his IQ. The idea got so many laughs when it was pitched that Heihei got to stay.
- Maui’s hook is inspired by an actual constellation
- Mini Maui, the tatoo that acts as Maui’s conscience, was hand drawn by Disney animators.
- Moana’s lyricist/composter Lin Manuel Miranda is also credited for the Tony award winning “Hamilton”
- With longtime collaborator John Musker, director Ron Clements also wrote and directed the iconic films “The Little Mermaid”, “Alladin” and “The Princess And The Frog”.
Moana is seriously one of our new favorite movies and I know your kids will love it as much as mine did.
Moana Coloring Pages
Once you see the movie, you can keep the fun going with these free printable Moana coloring pages and activity sheets! From Memory Match games to bookmarks, Disney has plenty of great ideas for keeping the kids entertained!
How excited are your kids about seeing this movie? If you’ve already seen it, what did you think?
Disney Coloring Pages
Want more Disney coloring pages? Check these out…
Beauty And The Beast Coloring Pages (live action)