This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Fireball Jello shots add a delicious cinnamon twist to a fun party favorite. With their vibrant red color and cherry cinnamon flavor, they’re sure to become your new favorite adult party treat!
Originally published in June 2022
Fireball cinnamon whisky and cherry Jello combine to create these sweet and spicy Fireball Jello shots. Fireball might not be your usual go-to liquor when it comes to Jello shot recipes, but this combination really works. It brings a warm and spicy kick of cinnamon that pairs well with the sweet cherry flavor of the Jello.
These shots are finished with a bright red maraschino cherry garnish that perfectly matches the pretty red color of the Jello, creating an eye-catching and delicious adult treat. Incredibly tasty and easy to make, they’re the perfect addition to your next party!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Jello Shot Recipe
- It’s Easy – With just three ingredients, a few easy steps, and minimal prep time, these delicious Fireball shots are super easy to make, and can be prepared in advance. There’s no simpler or better way to get your party started!
- Delicious Flavor Combination – The fiery cinnamon taste combined with sweet cherry Jello gives these shots a unique and delicious flavor. Fans of cinnamon candy and desserts will love the tasty cherry cinnamon combination.
- It’s a Perfect Party Treat – If you haven’t had a Jello shot since college, it’s time to bring back these natural party starters. The addition of premium liquor and fancy garnishes adds a new twist to the standard Jello shot.
- Cherry Jello – gives the shots their bright red color and cherry flavor.
- Boiling water – dissolves the Jello mix.
- Cold water – cools the Jello down and helps it to set.
- Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey – adds the fun and boozy cinnamon flavor.
- Maraschino cherries – garnish to make your shots look pretty
How to Make Fireball Jello Shots
Step 1: Place 16 2-ounce plastic shot cups on a cookie sheet. Add 2 cups of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Step 2: Pour the packet of Cherry Jello mix into the hot water and stir until the gelatin powder is dissolved.
Step 3: Add 1 cup cold water and 1 cup Fireball whiskey. Stir until well mixed.
Step 4: Pour the Jello mixture evenly into the plastic shot glasses or shot cups. Move to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or until the Jello has set.
Step 5: Before serving, use a knife to remove a bit of the Jello from the center of each cup. Place a maraschino cherry in the middle. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to keep your shots covered in the fridge prior to serving, so they don’t form a film on top. The easy way to do this is to buy 2 oz. plastic Jello shot cups that come with lids. I find mine on Amazon.
- If you don’t have maraschino cherries for the garnish, you could put some whipped cream and red sprinkles or red hots candy on top instead.
- For best results, be careful not to overdo it with the Fireball. This is one case where more is not better, as too much alcohol will prevent your Jello from setting.
- If you want to substitute a different flavor, orange Jello or green apple gelatin would also be a great choice to go with the cinnamon whisky. Add some whipped cream and an apple slice on top and you’ve got apple pie Jello shots!
Yes, you can save time on party day by making these in advance. They’ll last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Just be sure to keep them covered or store in airtight containers and wait to add the garnish until you’re ready to serve them.
More Party Drink Recipes
If you love alcoholic shot recipes, you’re definitely doing to want to check out these delicious recipes too:
- Strawberry Whipped Cream Vodka Jello Shots
- Margarita Jello Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Butterbeer Jello Shots
- 4th of July Jello Shots
Fireball Jello Shots Recipe
- Place plastic cups on a cookie sheet. Add 2 cups of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.3 cups water
- Whisk the packet of Cherry Jello into the hot water and stir until the gelatin powder is dissolved.1 box Cherry Jello
- Add 1 cup cold water and 1 cup Fireball whisky and stir again.3 cups water, 1 cup Fireball Whisky
- Pour the Jello mixture evenly into the plastic shot glasses or shot cups. Move to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or until the Jello is set.
- Before serving, use a knife to remove a bit of the Jello from the center of each cup. Place a maraschino cherry in the middle. Enjoy!
- If you can’t find Cherry Jello, any red Jello mix will work.
- It’s tempting but don’t overdo it on the alcohol. If you add too much, the Jello won’t set.