This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy St. Patrick’s Day pretzels are easy and fun and make the perfect treat for everyone’s favorite Irish holiday!
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner so it’s time to start planning those leprechaun traps, St. Patrick’s Day desserts and of course, St Patrick’s Day drinks, like this Shamrock Punch!
You can never have too many treats though and this year I decided to remake an old recipes for St. Patrick’s Day pretzels. I love making these because not only are they SO easy, you also don’t need a whole lot of ingredients.
Get a personalized letter from your leprechaun! Customize it with your child’s name for a fun St. Patrick’s Day surprise!
How To Make St. Patrick’s Day Pretzels
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside. Pour white chocolate melts into a large, microwave safe bowl.
Stir in 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oils and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well and continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between. Keep going until your chocolate is smooth and creamy (it took me approximately 1 1/2 minutes).
Note: If the chocolate is too thick, add a little more vegetable oil until you get the consistency you like. Don’t add too much though…a little goes a long way.
Pour the chocolate into a tall, thin glass. You can also use a dipping container but I find regular glasses hold up better.
Dip 10 pretzel rods into the chocolate. Leave about an inch on the end to make the pretzel easy to hold.
Once most of the pretzel rod is covered, lay it on the wax paper.
Decorating Your Pretzels
Sprinkle with the gold sprinkles and the St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles before the chocolate starts to harden (otherwise the sprinkles won’t stick).
Now pour the red candy melts into a small bowl and add 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil. Following the same steps above, start with 30 seconds, then microwave in 15 second increments until smooth and creamy.
Once melted, use the funnel to pour the chocolate into a squeeze bottle. Place the pretzels on a cooling rack, then drizzle with the red.
Be sure you only go about one inch down from the top because you’ll need room for the other colors. If you don’t have a squeeze bottle, you can also drizzle with a spoon. It may not look as even but it’ll taste every bit as good.
Continue with the remaining colors. When you’re finished drizzling, pick up each pretzel and give it a little shake to get rid of any extra chocolate hanging off the sides. Let chocolate harden (either in the refrigerator or on the counter).
These are so easy and you can change it up however you’d like. Make the rainbow out of colored sugar instead, use different St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles…the possibilities are endless!
St. Patrick's Day Pretzels
These colorful and totally delicious St. Patrick's Day pretzels will make celebrating even more fun!
- Place a layer of wax paper (or parchment paper) on your cookie sheet and set aside.
- Pour white chocolate melts into a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 tbsp vegetable and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is smooth and creamy. If chocolate is too thick, add more vegetable oil, just a little at a time. It should be melted enough for easy dipping but not too runny.
- Pour chocolate into a tall, thin glass (or a tall dipping container). Dip 10 pretzel sticks into the chocolate, leaving about an inch on the end so you have somewhere to hold the pretzel.
- Lay the pretzel sticks on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with the gold sprinkles and St. Patrick's Day sprinkles. Be sure you do this fairly quickly, because they won't stick to the pretzel once the chocolate hardens.
- Now dip the remaining pretzels into the chocolate and place on cookie sheet. It's okay if this chocolate hardens a little, so you don't have to rush through these next steps.
- Place 1/3 cup of the red candy melts into a small, microwave safe bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp oil and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir well and place back into the microwave in 15 second increments until completely melted. Use a funnel to pour it into a squeeze bottle,
- Place the pretzels on the cooling rack and drizzle red chocolate over the pretzel. Go down about an inch or so from the top, being sure you're leaving enough room for all the other colors too.
- Repeat with the remaining colors. If you're following the rainbow, you'll want red, orange, green, blue and purple.
- If you have a lot of color hanging off the sides, life the pretzel, gift it a gentle shake, then place it back on the cooling rack. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These make fun snacks for a party but I also like to put them in treat bags and hand them out to neighbors, teachers or anyone else that deserves a sweet treat. I’ve even created some cute printable tags if you’d like to do that too.
Just print out whichever tags work best for you and attach to the gift bag. You can choose from Thanks A Million, I’m Lucky To Have You, Happy St. Patrick’s Day or a combination of all three messages.
Don’t forget to save a few for yourself though! Who would you share these St. Patrick’s Day pretzels with?
My kids saw this and want to make them RIGHT NOW! So cute – pinned!
I was just trolling various link parties to find a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day classroom idea and this fits the bill exactly! Thank you so much for sharing these! – Jerusha, ThePositiveYear.com
I’m so glad that I could help! I hope the class enjoys these! xoxo
Cute, easy, and involves chocolate. This is my kind of deal. Stopping by from Coffee & Conversation!
These are so cute and so much fun! You always have the best ideas! 🙂 I love the touch of the colored ribbons on the bags too!
Those are really cute! I love the addition of the gold sugar! Thanks for linking up with us at The Wednesday Showcase1