This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This butterbeer Fudge recipe is the perfect sweet treat for your next Harry Potter party or movie night! With all the delicious flavor of butterbeer in a tasty bite size dessert, it’s a fun food that’ll be a hit with both the kids and the adults!
If you’ve never tried butterbeer, you don’t know what you’re missing! My youngest and I have loved this popular drink ever since we first tried it at Harry Potter World in Universal Studios. We’ve even started making our own copycat Harry Potter Butterbeer recipe (SO easy!).
Last time I was at Universal, I popped into Sugarplum’s Sweet Shop in Diagon Alley and discovered their butterbeer fudge.
Of course I had to bring some home with me and it was so good that I knew I had to try making my own copycat recipe!
Why we love this recipe
With this butterbeer fudge, you get all the awesome flavor of butterbeer in one little bite size dessert! The best part is that it’s super easy to make…what’s not to love about that?!
- Butterscotch chips
- White chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Marshmallow creme (also called marshmallow fluff)
- Rum extract
- Vanilla extract
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, you’re ready to make this magical dessert!
How To Make Butterbeer Fudge
Step 1: Start by making the butterscotch layer. Combine the sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted.
Step 2: Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the butterscotch chips to get that delicious butterscotch flavor.
Step 3: Once the chips are melted, mix in the marshmallow creme and rum extract. Be sure not to overcook or you risk your fudge having a crumbly texture.
Step 4: Spread the mixture in a parchment paper lined 8×8 square pan. I used a nonstick pan but you can use a glass pan too. Place in the freezer to set while you make the white vanilla layer.
Step 5: To make the top of the butterscotch fudge layer, combine sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the butter is completely melted.
Step 6: Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in a cup of white chocolate chips.
Step 7: When all the chocolate is melted, add the marshmallow crème and vanilla extract. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
Step 8: Spread the white layer over the butterscotch layer. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Step 9: Once the butterbeer fudge is chilled, place it on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut it into squares. I found that cutting 30 squares gave you the perfect bite size pieces.
You can never go wrong with fudge recipes and this copycat butterbeer fudge recipe is perfect for your Harry Potter party or just a fun treat to enjoy while you watch Harry Potter movies.
This is one of my favorite easy recipes and it’s such a fun treat for Harry Potter fans. It also makes a great gift idea!
How to store butterbeer fudge
Chance are, you won’t have any left over but if you do, just place your fudge in an airtight container and store at room temperature.
It’s best not to refrigerate it since that can cause your fudge to dry out. Also, if you’re stacking them, it’s best to put a layer of wax paper between them.
How long will it be good
Stored properly, your fudge will be good for up to a month.
Can you freeze fudge
Yes, you can freeze this for up to three months. Just take it out of the freezer an hour or two before you want to eat it and you’ll be good to go.
If you liked this Harry Potter Fudge Recipe, keep scrolling to the end to see my entire list of Harry Potter foods, crafts and party ideas!
Butterbeer Fudge Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp rum extract
White Chocolate Layer
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by making the butterscotch layer. Combine the sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted.2 1/2 cups sugar, 3/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the butterscotch chips.11 ounces butterscotch chips
- When all the chips are melted, add the marshmallow creme and rum extract and mix well.7 ounces marshmallow creme, 1 tsp rum extract
- Spread the mixture in a parchment paper lined 8×8 inch pan. Place in the freezer to set while you make the white chocolate layer.
- To make the white chocolate layer, combine sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the butter is completely melted.1 1/4 cups sugar, 6 Tbsp butter, 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips.1 cup white chocolate chips
- When all the chocolate is melted, stir in the marshmallow crème and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.1/2 cup marshmallow creme, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Spread the white chocolate mixture over the butterscotch layer and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before slicing.
- Once the butterbeer fudge is chilled, cut it into squares. I found that cutting 30 squares gave you the perfect bite size pieces.
- You don’t want to refrigerate your fudge, as it may dry it out. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- If stacking your fudge, place a piece of wax paper between the layers.
Want more awesome Harry Potter ideas? Check out some of my other posts…
- Harry Potter Recipes
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
- Butterbeer Ice Cream
- Frozen Butterbeer
- Butterbeer Cupcakes
- Butterbeer Fudge
- Butterbeer Cookies
- Acid Pops
- Pumpkin Pasties
- Treacle Tarts
- Harry Potter Printable Coloring Pages
- Harry Potter Crafts For Kids
- Harry Potter Party Ideas
- Printable Harry Potter Banner
- Harry Potter Party Favor Ideas
- Best Gifts For Harry Potter Fans
- Harry Potter Goodie Bags
- Harry Potter Bingo
- DIY Harry Potter Wands
- Harry Potter Valentines
- Harry Potter Valentine Box
- Monster Book Of Monsters Valentine Box
- Harry Potter Pumpkin (no carve)
- Golden Snitch Pumpkin (no carve)
- Harry Potter Party Invitations
- Harry Potter Thank You Cards
- Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls
- Harry Potter Water Bottle Label
- What Not To Miss At The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Studio Tour London