This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Shamrock Punch recipe adds plenty of Irish cheer to any St. Patrick’s Day celebration! Not only is it super easy to make but with it’s beautiful shamrock green color, this treat makes the perfect centerpiece for all of your St. Paddy’s day festivities.
Originally posted March 2022 – Updated February 2023
Green drinks are a pretty much a St. Patrick’s Day tradition and this shamrock punch recipe is simple, delicious, and perfect for a party. Lime sherbet and and lemon-lime soda combine to create a fizzy, sweet beverage with plenty of fresh citrus flavor, and food coloring adds an extra pop of color to the fun shamrock shade.
This recipe is also alcohol free, so it can be enjoyed by the entire family. Kids and adults alike will love this fun and festive green punch and it’s sure to be the star of your St. Patrick’s Day party.
💖Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy – This punch is so pretty and delicious that no one will realize how easy it is. With just three ingredients, it may be the simplest punch you ever make.
It’s a Drink and a Dessert in One – One of the best things about this punch is the delicious scoops of partially frozen sherbet that you can ladle into your glass along with the liquid. It’s almost like having an ice cream soda, and who doesn’t love those?
Budget Friendly – With just a few basic ingredients that are readily available at any grocery store, you can make enough lime shamrock punch to feed a large crowd for just a few dollars.
It Stays Cold Through the Whole Party – This punch has a built-in cooling system! Since you’re starting with frozen sherbet, it’s like having ice in your drink without diluting it.
It’s Family Friendly – Green beer gets a lot of attention on St. Patrick’s Day, but it’s nice to have a holiday punch recipe that the whole family can enjoy. Since this drink is alcohol free, it’s a great way to make sure party guests of all ages can participate in the green beverage fun!
- 1 quart lime sherbet
- 12 cups Sprite or other lemon-lime soda like Sierra Mist
- 3 drops green food coloring
👩🏼🍳How To Make Shamrock Punch
Step 1: Place lime sherbet into your punch bowl. This is best done using an ice cream scoop, so the sherbet will be evenly distributed.
Step 2: Pour the Sprite (or carbonated beverage of your choice) over the lime sherbet.
Step 3: Add three drops of the food coloring and stir. You can add a bit more if you prefer a bright green color.
Step 4: Mix well and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Squeeze a few slices of fresh lime into your St. Patrick’s Day punch for even more delicious citrus flavor. You can also float a few slices in the punch bowl as a garnish.
- For best results, chill the Sprite before serving. Otherwise, the sherbet may melt too quickly.
- Right before serving, give the punch another stir, making sure to break up any large clumps of the lime sherbet. This will help ensure that there’s sherbet in every single serving.
- Have some extra sherbet and Sprite on hand during the party for refills. If you start to run low, you can just pour in more ingredients for a quick refresh.
- Get creative with the flavor combinations. There are so many possibilities for drinks like this one! Switch out the Sprite for ginger ale or vanilla cream soda, or change the color and sherbet flavor for different occasions and themes. Orange, raspberry, and pineapple would all be delicious. You can also add a little tropical flavor by including some pineapple juice.
- Make an adult version – Try adding some champagne, prosecco, or other sparkling wine in place of the soda. Orange sherbet and bubbly would be perfect for a bridal shower or brunch.
How much Shamrock Punch will I Need?
A good general rule is that you’ll want to have about one gallon of punch for every ten guests.
What if I Don’t have a Punch Bowl?
No problem! A serving pitcher works great for these drinks too. However, you may want to place a serving spoon nearby to make it easier for guests to score some frozen sherbet from the pitcher.
Don’t make the punch until you’re just about ready to serve it. That way, it’ll stay cold and won’t melt too quickly during your party. However, since this drink recipe is so quick and easy, you can have it ready in minutes!
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Leprechaun Hat Cookies
- St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallow Pops
- St. Patrick’s Day Poke Cake
- Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
- Dirty Irishman Cocktail
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Irish Flag Jello Shots
Easy Shamrock Punch
- Place lime sherbet into your punch bowl. This is best done using an ice cream scoop, so the sherbet will be evenly distributed.1 quart lime sherbet
- Pour the Sprite (or carbonated beverage of your choice) over the lime sherbet.12 cups Sprite
- Add three drops of food coloring and stir. You can add more if you prefer a brighter green color.3 drops green food coloring
- Garnish with lime slices or mint and enjoy!Lime slices or mint leaves for garnish
- Be sure to chill the Sprite before serving. Otherwise, the sherbet may melt too quickly.
- Right before serving, give the punch another stir, making sure to break up any large clumps of the lime sherbet. This will help ensure that there will be a scoop of sherbet in every single serving.