This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Valentine’s Day Bark is the perfect way to share a little Valentine’s Day love with friends, family, or anyone else that deserves a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day.
When I decided to make this Valentine’s Day Bark, I knew I would end up breaking my New Year’s resolution. I may have been right but it was so worth it! Half the fun of Valentine’s Day is making yummy treats, right?
Since I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to use white or dark chocolate, I did what any good chocoholic would do…I chose both! After a quick taste test, I knew I’d made the right decision. The combination of white and dark chocolate was perfect and made for some amazing chocolate bark!
How To Make The Best Ever Valentine’s Day Bark
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so easy. Start with a small bag of white chocolate chips and melt over the stove. I don’t recommend the microwave for white chocolate. For some reason, I’ve found that white chocolate doesn’t melt as evenly in the microwave as other chocolates do. After boiling an inch or so of water in a saucepan, I just place a second bowl over the top for melting the chips.
Once the white chocolate is melted, spread it out on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Place it in the refrigerator to harden, about 10-15 minutes. Next, pour a small bag of dark chocolate into a bowl and melt in the microwave. Spread the dark chocolate evenly across the hardened white chocolate, then melt the red and pink candy melts and drizzle them over the top. Finally, add candy, sprinkles or any other Valentine decor.
Finally, using a knife or just your hands, break the bark into pieces and it’s ready to eat. This delicious treat is perfect for your sweetie, friends and neighbors, teachers or anyone else that deserves a little love!
The Best Ever Valentine’s Day Bark
- Boil approximately one inch of water in saucepan. Combine white chocolate and vegetable oil in heat resistant bowl and place over the saucepan. Heat chips, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. You can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.12 oz white chocolate chips, 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Spread white chocolate onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate.
- Once white chocolate has hardened, melt the dark chocolate.10 oz dark chocolate chips
- Spread over the top of the white chocolate.
- Melt pink and red candy melts and drizzle over the top.pink candy melts, red candy melts
- Top with assorted candy and sprinkles. Be sure to do this before the chocolate hardens so it will stick to the bark.assorted candy & sprinkles
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Once bark has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy.
These turned out so delicious and I’ll be making this Valentine’s Day bark for my daughters’ teachers too! Who would you make this yummy treat for?
Want more Valentine’s Day inspiration? Check out these posts: